• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

bluehens15

I'm sure they will start coming soon! Hang in there everyone!
Pretty sure my OR is on vacation, hasn't answered all week lol plus as I said before, I haven't got confirmation yet of him receiving my transcripts yet after sending them twice. But hey, it'll come when it comes!

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I think my OR is on vacation too. Haven't heard from him in a month. Emailed him last week and never received a reply.

Chad Cooper

Hey guys and gals, checking in. It looks like I'm in for a wait. I know this might have been answered in this thread before but the search feature isn't pulling up hits. I am active duty so I had to have a PQ letter before my package went to board. BOL says that after I receive my PQ letter my package will go to NRC for final vote and that there are 2 yes votes required. The first vote is the Pro-Rec community board and the second is from NRC itself. My question is what exactly are they voting on and looking for? Is it common occurrence for PRO-REC Y's to be voted as a No for the second vote?

bluehens15

Hey guys and gals, checking in. It looks like I'm in for a wait. I know this might have been answered in this thread before but the search feature isn't pulling up hits. I am active duty so I had to have a PQ letter before my package went to board. BOL says that after I receive my PQ letter my package will go to NRC for final vote and that there are 2 yes votes required. The first vote is the Pro-Rec community board and the second is from NRC itself. My question is what exactly are they voting on and looking for? Is it common occurrence for PRO-REC Y's to be voted as a No for the second vote?

Welcome to the wait. The second vote is basically just making sure you're medically qualified and if you had to send in final transcripts (if you recently graduated), that's when you'll get your FINSEL. Rarely does someone not get the second vote.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

ClassyGent23

about how long were they waiting for?

That depends on a great number of things...what you were PROREC Y for, how needed it is, how many other people were selected for it, age critical, maybe prior service?, and probably other things. I have been waiting a little over 4 months for SWO (I was PROREC Y is February) and I am a non-prior that is NOT age critical. There have been some SNA people that received their FINSEL that were PROREC Y in April. There were also some IP/IW people that were waiting since October that just received their FINSEL in the last couple of months.

exNavyOffRec

not really voting, once the board give you the pro rec Y it is all about assembling and making sure all the documents are in order to go to OCS, once they are then you get the FS letter and date when space is available.