• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
no ESWS equaled adverse eval, for a while they would not let you get SRO/RO without it, which made you go delinquent on SIR quals, the first few groups tried to buck the system thinking commands wouldn't really do anything bad, but they did, after that everyone fell in line pretty dang fast

Wow! About then did that start?

exNavyOffRec

Wow! About then did that start?

right about the time you got out, I am surprised you didn't get caught up in it, I had a guy that had to rush his quals to avoid getting an adverse eval for a sep eval which would result in a RE-3 or RE-4

not sure if you were on the west coast but we had a hard push on it.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
right about the time you got out, I am surprised you didn't get caught up in it, I had a guy that had to rush his quals to avoid getting an adverse eval for a sep eval which would result in a RE-3 or RE-4

not sure if you were on the west coast but we had a hard push on it.

I was west coast, North Island. I have RE-R1 on my DD214. Is that bad?

bgoman

Yes it has lol. Is anyone planning to take any time off between their civilian job and attending OCS? I think I will take a month off (time permitting) and just visit family and relax.
I quit my job in construction and moved home to save money. I'm in the 16 August class, so I've got about 6 weeks. But I'm also single, don't own a home and I've only got student debt.

Also, as far as stuff to bring, t-shirts have to be white and they suggest a size smaller so that it shrinks and doesn't wrinkle when tucked in. I'm planning on asking my OR about compression shirts and shorts. I heard it's a good idea to bring two pairs of shoes: one for PT and the other for inspections! From the information I've gotten, you're aloud an MP3 player/headphones but can't use them until week 9 or later.

LadyT

I quit my job in construction and moved home to save money. I'm in the 16 August class, so I've got about 6 weeks. But I'm also single, don't own a home and I've only got student debt.

Also, as far as stuff to bring, t-shirts have to be white and they suggest a size smaller so that it shrinks and doesn't wrinkle when tucked in. I'm planning on asking my OR about compression shirts and shorts. I heard it's a good idea to bring two pairs of shoes: one for PT and the other for inspections! From the information I've gotten, you're aloud an MP3 player/headphones but can't use them until week 9 or later.

I have heard the DIs areally somewhat lenient (and I use that term loosely) when it comes to the running shoes because they know we run in them. Seems like a waste of money to buy two pair, unless you buy a cheap pair.

I didn't think about compression tshirts and shorts, but that actually makes a lot of sense.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
I have chosen to stay at work until the week before I go to OCS. I work 0445 to 1200 Mon-Fri. I feel that having a consistent routine and something to wake up every morning for will leave me better prepared for the OCS environment rather then just waking up whenever I want and doing whatever I want for the weeks or months before OCS. However I acknowledge that others don't require forced structure and it doesn't matter what they do before OCS. Also, money.