• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I see some SWOs from the February board receiving their OCS dates for August 16. Does that mean the SWOs from last year's board selection are all placed and they started scheduling the SWOs from the Feb 2015 board? :)))))

I'm curious about this as well, but more broadly. While I'm sure there are always exceptions (e.g., age critical individuals), do they generally try to place people in OCS classes from previous boards before selectees from more recent boards? Or, is there no perceivable rhyme or reason to the placements?

Tbeny

I'm curious about this as well, but more broadly. While I'm sure there are always exceptions (e.g., age critical individuals), do they generally try to place people in OCS classes from previous boards before selectees from more recent boards? Or, is there no perceivable rhyme or reason to the placements?

Just from following this thread, I noticed that applicants from previous boards are placed first than applicants from more recent boards. But I also noticed age critical applicants getting placed from recent boards because of the fact that they're age critical. Maybe someone with more knowledge and experience and help us understand this process better, this was just my observation.

KMC1020

I don't really know how the process works, but I can tell you I am not age critical nor am I active duty. So I don't know why my date got selected for August. Maybe they had to fill a female spot? I have no idea if things work that way either. Just throwing it out there