• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

LadyT

Just met with my OR today...no FINSEL, but he did give me a booklet and DVD so I will have something to longingly stare at while I wait for my FINSEL.

bluehens15

Congratulations! Is that what a FINSEL letter looks like? I didn't know there was that much swimming at OCS where they needed to emphasize preparing for swimming. Maybe that's a SNFO thing.
I mean it is the Navy afterall, so it makes sense. I've been doing it 3x a week and it definitley kicks your ass

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I mean it is the Navy afterall, so it makes sense. I've been doing it 3x a week and it definitley kicks your ass

Thanks, I spent a little time in the Navy and the only swimming I ever had to do was the swim qual at boot camp. As a matter of fact, if you're ever swimming out in the fleet, there's a chance that something very bad has happened. I knew there was also a swim qual at OCS but I didn't anticipate it being anything that someone had to "prepare" for. If you can swim then you can pass the swim qual. If we get to spend more time in the water than just the swim qual, that sounds good to me.

bluehens15

It's one thing I'm pretty worried about, honestly. I don't have access to a pool near me.

There's no gym with an indoor pool near you? Damn dude. It's not the end of the world honestly, but it's nice.
I recently started hitting the pool a few times a week as well. I agree! It will kick you ass, but it helps with pushups and everything else!
I agree, everything about a pool workout is awesome