• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
Hey all - also checking in after receiving my Pro-Rec: Y for SNA out of the April board. I know SWO has been backlogged on getting an OCS class date, any word on SNA?

OKI_bound

I don't know where you would find them, but I have verbals that I'm in the 06SEP class. It seems like one gets scheduled every three weeks. This may not be the best information, but it might help give you a little bit of an idea. Hope that helps!

PO CJ, how did you receive verbals? You and I were PROREC'd the same board.

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
So are we looking at roughly a month-ish waiting period for FINSEL? My OR said something about "hearing more in a week" but from the last boards the time looks more like a month...
I think it all depends on a number of factors (age, prior service, available ocs slots, designator, security clearance, waivers, bureaucratic bs, etc.). I remember seeing a few SNA prorecs getting their finsels a week after their prorecs but some are still waiting. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fermi

Checking in, feels good to be here. I'll be sticking around for a while since I don't graduate for another month and big Navy needs to see my final transcript before handing out a Final Select letter.

MemphisBell

pilot
Feels good to finally be checking in!!! Like someone else said before, it seems like its been taking a month to get the Finsel letter for SNA's. Another factor that might go into our OCS dates is the backlog of nfo's and SWO's. I think they have met there quota for FY15 so they are pushing the remaining to FY16 which classes actually start in July (because they will graduate after the FY16 starts for the navy which is October 1). I have been looking at the OCS class dates and have yet to see anyone checking into June OCS classes so im wondering if they are holding those slots for Aprils SNA's. I guess we will see!!

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
PO CJ, how did you receive verbals? You and I were PROREC'd the same board.
A few of us FY15 IW selects have been pushed to FY16, and so, while we were being informed of this move, we asked for a time frame of when we might reasonably expect to ship.
If you'd like to get in touch with the individual that writes up the FINSELs for IPs, try giving the OCS Processors a call, and explain your situation. A good justification would be that you are AD, and your command needs an idea of when you might leave in order to complete your EoT award and project/plan for your replacement.

00Heath

Some of us have been here since November (or longer). I'd encourage you to get used to waiting; you'll be doing a LOT more of it at OCS and throughout your military career. ;)

I can second that.. Been here since October and still no letter or 'unofficial' date given... Welcome to purgatory!