• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Joey H

ProBoard: 06 Oct 14 / 29 Oct 14
Pro-Rec: 06 Oct for SWO
FS: 24 Feb 15
OCS: 12 Apr 15
Quick question for you, Why did you have to await final select? For me it is until i graduate and have proof of my degree. I have heard of people getting OCS dates before they have their degree though.

KnightFlight

Quick question for you, Why did you have to await final select? For me it is until i graduate and have proof of my degree. I have heard of people getting OCS dates before they have their degree though.
Not sure how it works when you're in school. For graduates that are selected, upon PROREC - Y you wait for an undetermined period of time for the FINSEL that includes an OCS date. That is what this thread is for, selected applicants who are waiting for their FINSEL.

Bluecore

@Joey H

When was the last time you talked with NRD? I haven't talked to him in a bit. The new guy was, well, new, when he replaced Chief Cook, and just basically told me "don't call me, I'll call you". I got the impression he was a little overwhelmed at the time.

Chris18

Checking out! Just got my letter; my date is April 12. Here's hoping y'all's wait isn't much longer!

Congrats!

When you first received your PRO Y, did your recruiter give you an estimated time for when you could expect a date? Mine says I would go mid/late summer... I'm just curious if there is any accuracy to this guess.

Callie3

When you first received your PRO Y, did your recruiter give you an estimated time for when you could expect a date? Mine says I would go mid/late summer... I'm just curious if there is any accuracy to this guess.

Yeah, my recruiter was guessing about six months. I guess the Selection Gods decided to keep us guessing.

alafaill

@Joey H

When was the last time you talked with NRD? I haven't talked to him in a bit. The new guy was, well, new, when he replaced Chief Cook, and just basically told me "don't call me, I'll call you". I got the impression he was a little overwhelmed at the time.

I went through NRD San Antonio and I've been through just about every recruiter there for a while. I started with Chief Carbajal who was great, and then after a few flops of recruiters after he transferred, I got a Lt. Commander who handled my stuff. He's gone now and I'm back to working with a Chief, which I honestly don't mind because he's giving me more answers than I got previously. I've kind of gotten into the habit of checking in with them once a week since that depot seems to get a lot of traffic and I had a couple of recruiters there who completely jacked up my security papers for about 3 months, so I'm probably annoyingly proactive as a result.