• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

priorguy

Heads up for everyone... Turns out the update I got a week ago about possibly being moved to a later OCS class was not an anomaly. As of today, per the FB group we've had 2 others get rolled into a July class date, and the AD roster appears to show four others in the same boat. I would caution folks not to do what I did and drop the two weeks notice bomb on your boss the moment you have your FINSEL in hand unless you're financially secure.
I wonder if they had sworn in before they were rolled back?

priorguy

Maybe they were pilots or nfos? The Navy has put so many in this last year, maybe they hit a wall... finally lol

Bluecore

Checking out, April 12. Having a baby coming and being old, might have helped.

You are in your 30s with an age waiver, correct? I think you are right. I haven't seen any vanilla, non-prior selectees in their 20s or anything get a date yet. Every SWO with a date so far seems to have something out of the ordinary going on.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
It's alright; enjoy the wait, as hard as it may seem. I remember that, after swearing in late 2008, I couldn't wait to get out of my situation and on with my new life. Then, when I finally got to RTC, those were a long six weeks, or at least they seemed that way at the time.
As an AD member right now, I know that my OCS experience will probably differ from those fresh out of civilian life, mostly because I have a good idea of what's waiting for me on the other side. For those here waiting to enter the military world for the first time though, especially the younger folks, I'd like to offer this advice: spend the time you have now with your closest friends and family members. After you leave, regardless of where you get stationed, things will change and continue to change. Those relationships will fade or grow, but all of them will soon be shaped by your military training and responsibilities. Additionally, should you be forward-deployed or stationed OCONUS, you may not see those people for long periods.
We're all excited and ready to jump into the next stage of our lives; just make sure you're not so focused on the future that you miss what could be the final few months with your current close friends and loved ones.

Bluecore

It's alright; enjoy the wait, as hard as it may seem. I remember that, after swearing in late 2008, I couldn't wait to get out of my situation and on with my new life. Then, when I finally got to RTC, those were a long six weeks, or at least they seemed that way at the time.
As an AD member right now, I know that my OCS experience will probably differ from those fresh out of civilian life, mostly because I have a good idea of what's waiting for me on the other side. For those here waiting to enter the military world for the first time though, especially the younger folks, I'd like to offer this advice: spend the time you have now with your closest friends and family members. After you leave, regardless of where you get stationed, things will change and continue to change. Those relationships will fade or grow, but all of them will soon be shaped by your military training and responsibilities. Additionally, should you be forward-deployed or stationed OCONUS, you may not see those people for long periods.
We're all excited and ready to jump into the next stage of our lives; just make sure you're not so focused on the future that you miss what could be the final few months with your current close friends and loved ones.

Well said. I am doing just that, and truly am in no rush. For me, it's more of a clarity thing. If they told me I wasn't leaving until November, but told me now and not made me wait to hear it, it would be much easier to deal with. I think that goes without saying for most, though.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I second this! You are correct. Things will never really be the same. I highly recommend spending time with family and loved ones.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
You are in your 30s with an age waiver, correct? I think you are right. I haven't seen any vanilla, non-prior selectees in their 20s or anything get a date yet. Every SWO with a date so far seems to have something out of the ordinary going on.

I hit age 31 in the fall, so it's not quite 6 months out. My recruiter said he pulled some strings, whatever that means. I'm just really appreciative--now I don't have to miss the birth of my child (which I was more than prepared to do). He also mentioned that it helped that I was always johnny-on-the-spot with getting stuff done for him.