• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

otejay

Running into this same problem. What am I supposed to do with a BS in Biology without getting a masters or going to med school?... Work shit jobs until I get to go to Newport I suppose...

On another note, I signed up for a marathon in May to get into shape for OCS. What are you all doing to get prepared? (mentally, physically, etc) Any good books to read?

Try out a GoRuck event. I'm training for GoRuck Tough right now. I hear it's pretty life-changing.

JkFlGataXY

PROREC-Y SNA
Running into this same problem. What am I supposed to do with a BS in Biology without getting a masters or going to med school?... Work shit jobs until I get to go to Newport I suppose...

On another note, I signed up for a marathon in May to get into shape for OCS. What are you all doing to get prepared? (mentally, physically, etc) Any good books to read?

To get prepared I am just working out. Running PRTs and hitting the gym. I workout with my coworker who is commissioning in May into the USMC and his OCS candidates here in Pensacola. The mental part does not bother me, as I've done NROTC and know this is what I want. Yelling at me won't stop me. Also as time draws closer make sure you get all your affairs $$$-wise in order (debits, auto insurance, etc.)

KnightFlight

Eh I've done a few half marathons, but I'm not focused on distance like that anymore. They a more of a self accomplishment thing really. You will get very skinny and have 400$ less in your wallet, but it's cool to say you've done it (especially if you finish in a decent time). It's also a huge mental feat to not stop running for 4 hours straight.
Personally I've been doing CrossFit for the past 4 months and have become obsessed. I never thought I'd be "that guy" talking up CrossFit, but look at me now... I also plan to start working in a 3 - 4 mile run a few days a week.
My friend is training in the Goshawk now and told me to prepare for lots of planks, wall sits, and push ups at OCS.
Try out a GoRuck event. I'm training for GoRuck Tough right now. I hear it's pretty life-changing.
Man I'm jealous! Which level are you doing? I've done some Tough Mudders which are an absolute blast, but GoRuck has been on my list for a while now! I'm sort of afraid to do those events and injure myself now though. Let me know your results and how it was, enjoy!

exNavyOffRec

I would caution against doing anything that is much more challenging than you are already doing, I have seen a several people that after being pro Y decided to do stuff like Ragnar, warrior challenge, etc.... and also seen them become injured, I know of 2 in my 3+ years as an OR that never went to OCS because their injuries though not bad were part of the "history of" in the medman.

otejay

I don't know if anybody else is doing this but I'm also hitting the range more often. I'm gonna transition over to the Beretta 92 to see if I can do very well come qualification time. I know it's probably the least of our worries but shooting is a good distraction while waiting, not gonna lie.

jmeff

I don't know if anybody else is doing this but I'm also hitting the range more often. I'm gonna transition over to the Beretta 92 to see if I can do very well come qualification time. I know it's probably the least of our worries but shooting is a good distraction while waiting, not gonna lie.

Hey, whatever keeps you busy and works for you. However, if there is a way for the weapon qualifications to be less than the least of your worries, then that is what they are.

otejay

Hey, whatever keeps you busy and works for you. However, if there is a way for the weapon qualifications to be less than the least of your worries, then that is what they are.

Whether it be the least or lower than the least of my worries, it'll be one less worry. And that definitely works for me.

CGrissom15

Have you done a GoRuck before? If not, jumping right to a Tough is pretty ballsy. I did the Chapel Hill challenge on Feb 6th and it was pretty tough - 12.5 hours from 2100 - 0930 the next morning. Definitely an awesome experience but I felt it the next few days. A tough is on my list.. but probably won't be for a while as I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to get hurt during the 24 hours straight of non-stop rucking/PTing. Not trying to discourage you at all - best of luck - you'll have to share your experience.

priorguy

I heard the running at OCS has been reduced because too many people were getting shin splints.

I don't know why they don't just throw some robitussin on it??