• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

exNavyOffRec

I was made to understand per further conversations that a FY15 IW slot was pushed to FY16, as opposed to a FY16 IW slot being replaced with me. I hope that's the case anyway. OR was under the impression not all FY15 IW's had been given a class date yet anyway. It's odd because he said it was a commissioning quota, not a community quota that led to all this.

yes, you would occupy a FY15 spot, a person that would have had that spot (whether they existed or not) would be put in an FY 16 spot

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
If they're pushing someone to get you in, it might be me (see one of my earlier comments).
I hope not, but won't complain either way; it'd just be three more weeks to wait.

Well I am genuinely sorry if I did push your date back. I definitely didn't think everything through in the five minutes I got to decide.

otejay

Applied for a job as a DNA extraction tech, got an interview, but then they tell me training is usually spaced out in a course of 6 months, which is my current ETA on OCS, so the guilt sets in. They asked me where I see myself in a few years and I don't think "inside the bridge of DDG in the middle of the pacific" was the answer they were hoping for. We'll see how desperate they are.

Tough applying for civilian jobs while waiting for your dream job.

priorguy

Applied for a job as a DNA extraction tech, got an interview, but then they tell me training is usually spaced out in a course of 6 months, which is my current ETA on OCS, so the guilt sets in. They asked me where I see myself in a few years and I don't think "inside the bridge of DDG in the middle of the pacific" was the answer they were hoping for. We'll see how desperate they are.

I've had two serious interviews so far and I withdrew from one because I felt so shitty that they would spend all this money training me, while unbeknownst to them, that my intentions are to leave on the drop of a dime. I tried to play it in my head that by hiring me, they are "supporting the troops" - but I took the high-er road and settled on a data entry job through a staffing agency - all temp jobs lol.

otejay

I've had two serious interviews so far and I withdrew from one because I felt so shitty that they would spend all this money training me, while unbeknownst to them, that my intentions are to leave on the drop of a dime. I tried to play it in my head that by hiring me, they are "supporting the troops" - but I took the high-er road and settled on a data entry job through a staffing agency - all temp jobs lol.

I know the feeling. I've also been doing some volunteering for wwp in my spare time but I really need to start making money

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I'm married, and our first child is due on or around my birthday, so, if I had a birthday to lose before, I certainly don't now lol.

eggobase

Hey guys,

I'm checking into purgatory for SNA...

But I have some thoughts about our wait times. Please correct me if I'm looking at this wrong:

The latest class dates I've seen on here for SNA have been in April. So in order to avoid leaving spots for SNAs empty, it seems reasonable that they would start putting people from the February board in classes as early as May. But these will be the age-criticals, occupying the May-June time frame. So the luckiest of the rest of us might class up as early as July, and others as late as mid Fall.

Does this sound about right?

I know... my first mistake was trying to apply any reasoning to it at all... but I couldn't stop myself.

kayteedee

Hey guys,

I'm checking into purgatory for SNA...

But I have some thoughts about our wait times. Please correct me if I'm looking at this wrong:

The latest class dates I've seen on here for SNA have been in April. So in order to avoid leaving spots for SNAs empty, it seems reasonable that they would start putting people from the February board in classes as early as May. But these will be the age-criticals, occupying the May-June time frame. So the luckiest of the rest of us might class up as early as July, and others as late as mid Fall.

Does this sound about right?

I know... my first mistake was trying to apply any reasoning to it at all... but I couldn't stop myself.
I got my Finsel on December 10th and am in the May 24th class. There's no rhyme or reason to anything. Haha.

Tyler Houston

Not that new of a member

Running into this same problem. What am I supposed to do with a BS in Biology without getting a masters or going to med school?... Work shit jobs until I get to go to Newport I suppose...

On another note, I signed up for a marathon in May to get into shape for OCS. What are you all doing to get prepared? (mentally, physically, etc) Any good books to read?

Last edited:

jmeff

Running into this same problem. What am I supposed to do with a BS in Biology without getting a masters or going to med school?... Work shit jobs until I get to go to Newport I suppose...

On another note, I signed up for a marathon in May to get into shape for OCS. What are you all doing to get prepared? (mentally, physically, etc) Any good books to read?

There were some books and a website posted a little earlier in this thread.