• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

mhunter

None
Does anyone know what the set class dates are for FY16? I know someone posted what the dates were for 15 so I was hoping to see that for 16 too. I know we wont know our dates for a while, but I am just wanting to see what the dates could be.

jmeff

Does anyone know what the set class dates are for FY16? I know someone posted what the dates were for 15 so I was hoping to see that for 16 too. I know we wont know our dates for a while, but I am just wanting to see what the dates could be.

Every three Sundays starting from July 5th.

mhunter

None
Every three Sundays starting from July 5th.
Yea, but this file someone shared for FY15 had everything about the classes on it. It also included graduation dates and everything. I was wanting to see that as well because I was wondering how the holidays would change when they would be.

jmeff

Yea, but this file someone shared for FY15 had everything about the classes on it. It also included graduation dates and everything. I was wanting to see that as well because I was wondering how the holidays would change when they would be.

I have the document of which you speak, but not for FY16. So... this is a completely pointless reply. I appreciate you allowing me to waste your time.

otejay

Even stranger update. After the OCS date debacle yesterday, my designator was changed this morning. I am now straight IW (which I did not even apply for), and maintain my original class date. Never a dull moment with the Navy.

Out of curiosity, and if you had a choice (which I'm gonna assume you don't), would you rather be SWO/IW and class up 6 months from now, or would you keep your spring class date and do IW?

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Out of curiosity, and if you had a choice (which I'm gonna assume you don't), would you rather be SWO/IW and class up 6 months from now, or would you keep your spring class date and do IW?

Actually I was given the choice. My OR called me this morning with CNRC on the other line and gave me that exact situation and said "I need an answer right now." Good morning from the Navy lol.

I would have rather gone the SWO/IW path, but I don't really have any choice but to go in March. I left my career and terminated my lease just in time to move to RI.

otejay

Actually I was given the choice. My OR called me this morning with CNRC on the other line and gave me that exact situation and said "I need an answer right now." Good morning from the Navy lol.

I would have rather gone the SWO/IW path, but I don't really have any choice but to go in March. I left my career and terminated my lease just in time to move to RI.

Fair enough. Tbh, the Navy's the Navy. IW sounds pretty good to me.

lenninscjay

Red-headed stepchild (MH-53)
Checking-out, 22 MAR OCS (SNA from the 29 OCT board.)

Will wait till I get the actual FINSEL before checking into the Class Thread. (Was in the process of making travel arrangements Hawaii -> Home {MD} -> Newport. Asked the OR if a request can be made for 12 APR but don't want to come across as not committed. Needs of the Navy = I'm stoked either way!)

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete

This is just my opinion, but I think you got a better deal in the long run. Either way, at least you still have the opportunity and weren't one of the people who got PROREC N.

exNavyOffRec

Good for you, bad for those trying for IW on the next board.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Good for you, bad for those trying for IW on the next board.

I was made to understand per further conversations that a FY15 IW slot was pushed to FY16, as opposed to a FY16 IW slot being replaced with me. I hope that's the case anyway. OR was under the impression not all FY15 IW's had been given a class date yet anyway. It's odd because he said it was a commissioning quota, not a community quota that led to all this.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I was made to understand per further conversations that a FY15 IW slot was pushed to FY16, as opposed to a FY16 IW slot being replaced with me. I hope that's the case anyway. OR was under the impression not all FY15 IW's had been given a class date yet anyway. It's odd because he said it was a commissioning quota, not a community quota that led to all this.
If they're pushing someone to get you in, it might be me (see one of my earlier comments).
I hope not, but won't complain either way; it'd just be three more weeks to wait.