• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

JT88

It really depends on where you are being held. Right now, I'm stationed in Hawaii. The longer they want to take with that FINSEL the better as far as I'm concerned. Gonna be a semi-pro surfer by the time i leave.

I'm in Lemoore, trash town USA... enjoy Honolulu.

JT88

It really depends on where you are being held. Right now, I'm stationed in Hawaii. The longer they want to take with that FINSEL the better as far as I'm concerned. Gonna be a semi-pro surfer by the time i leave.

I'm in Lemoore, trash town USA... enjoy Honolulu.

helidj

Checking in for Purgatory. Pro Rec Y SNA for the February board. Also I turn 27 beginning of October so I need to commission before then.

KnightFlight

Another SNA, PRO REC - Y from the Feb. board checking in. To chime in about the FINSEL wait time, my friend was selected SNA in the June board and went to OCS in November. That being said, he is only one case and it could be much faster, or longer. Hence why we are all now in "purgatory" haha.

helidj

Another SNA, PRO REC - Y from the Feb. board checking in. To chime in about the FINSEL wait time, my friend was selected SNA in the June board and went to OCS in November. That being said, he is only one case and it could be much faster, or longer. Hence why we are all now in "purgatory" haha.
Do you know how long it took him to get his FINSEL Letter?

helidj

Question for everyone. I was told by my recruiter that they had to submit my application with SNFO as first choice and SNA as second. I got accepted for both and would like to process SNA. When I told him I wanted to process SNA he said that there is nothing we can do right now but wait for my FINSEL and then see what we need to do to make sure I get SNA. Has anyone had that same experience? He made it seem like because I got accepted for both I can just choose at anytime what I want. I figured I should make sure it is being processed correctly now so as not to have any issues later and I turn 27 in early October, so I don't want to mess things up and get a later OCS date than needed.

00Heath

Question for everyone. I was told by my recruiter that they had to submit my application with SNFO as first choice and SNA as second. I got accepted for both and would like to process SNA. When I told him I wanted to process SNA he said that there is nothing we can do right now but wait for my FINSEL and then see what we need to do to make sure I get SNA. Has anyone had that same experience? He made it seem like because I got accepted for both I can just choose at anytime what I want. I figured I should make sure it is being processed correctly now so as not to have any issues later and I turn 27 in early October, so I don't want to mess things up and get a later OCS date than needed.

From what I've learned (from my OR) the FINSEL needs to be released before any changes can be made. I've also heard that once selected for your first choice, you begin processing for that designation, and class dates are issued based on that. I think the Navy sees it as: "Hey, you put this down for first choice, now you're getting it or not coming in at all". Best of luck to you in getting it changed though!

exNavyOffRec

If you wait for your FS letter you will be screwed, you need to send him an email saying that since you were accepted for both you want for your FS letter to be processed for SNA, YOU NEED TO KEEP A COPY OF THAT EMAIL!!!!

If he calls you and says no can do, you need to have that in an email, so if you need to send him an email saying "per our phone conversation even though I was accepted for both and I desire to go SNA I cannot"

I get the distinct feeling he is trying to screw you over.

exNavyOffRec

From what I've learned (from my OR) the FINSEL needs to be released before any changes can be made. I've also heard that once selected for your first choice, you begin processing for that designation, and class dates are issued based on that. I think the Navy sees it as: "Hey, you put this down for first choice, now you're getting it or not coming in at all". Best of luck to you in getting it changed though!

nope, if selected for multiple you will be processed for 1st choice UNLESS you notify NRC in writing via your recruiter that you wish to be processed for your 2nd or 3rd choice BEFORE the FS letter arrives.

00Heath

nope, if selected for multiple you will be processed for 1st choice UNLESS you notify NRC in writing via your recruiter that you wish to be processed for your 2nd or 3rd choice BEFORE the FS letter arrives.
Thanks for the correction/clarification!

Callie3

Hey y'all. I just got selected for SNA in this Feb board. My recruiter has been telling me it will be about 6 months before OCS. He also says it could be as late as October or November. I guess we'll see.