• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

PettyOfficerCJ

Heads up,
Background: PRO-REC Y 1810 from SEP IDC Board. I'm still awaiting my PQ letter due to my one previous mTBI issue (2011), and my full neuropsych exam report from back in December has yet to be completed due to some folks still being out for the Holidays. I spoke to one of the processors yesterday, and he informed me that they're beginning to issue inactivity letters to those who have not shown progress on the medical portion of their application. I've stayed in touch with the processors thankfully, and should have the required documentation this week. I would strongly suggest that those NPQ selectees currently working the medical side do the same.
This doesn't apply to anyone who is already physically qualified.
Glad to know I'm not the only one in this situation! I keep having to resubmit medical documents due to mistakes that were made on the original forms when the doctor filled them out. At least it looks like I won't go in February (which I'm glad for because I have a certification that I need to finish). I would like to get the 22MAR class if possible.

positivepete

So what's usually the wait time from prorec to finsel? Just trying to gauge what time I'll be heading to school. I got the prorec back in oct for swo.

Bluecore

Is that the class up date or when we are suppose to receive our finsel ?

Same question. Are we looking at July at the earliest for letters, and classing up no earlier than September, or are we looking at hearing something during summer and potentially going to class as early as July? It has been said to generally expect a letter 2 months before your class date, which causes the misunderstanding, at least for me. Also, the fact that the new fiscal year begins in October, which makes me think we're looking at October at the earliest for actual class dates that will be prepared starting in July.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
Same question. Are we looking at July at the earliest for letters, and classing up no earlier than September, or are we looking at hearing something during summer and potentially going to class as early as July? It has been said to generally expect a letter 2 months before your class date, which causes the misunderstanding, at least for me. Also, the fact that the new fiscal year begins in October, which makes me think we're looking at October at the earliest for actual class dates that will be prepared starting in July.
The recruiters on this forum are saying July is the earliest for arriving at OCS. Guess the FINSEL would come in May timeframe?

priorguy

Just a heads up for those SWO selects from October: there were three other SWO boards that convened before you and have not shipped out yet. I expect people like myself, from the June board, will receive the July spots. Expect and prepare to wait at least a year, if not longer. Your FINSEL should arrive 1 -2 months before your ship date to OCS.

otejay

Just a heads up for those SWO selects from October: there were three other SWO boards that convened before you and have not shipped out yet. I expect people like myself, from the June board, will receive the July spots. Expect and prepare to wait at least a year, if not longer. Your FINSEL should arrive 1 -2 months before your ship date to OCS.

Ouch

positivepete

There are a few ppl from the Oct board that have classed up from reading the forums. Also there is a numbering system from what I've gathered through talking to ppl from NRC. So don't get discouraged!

otejay

There are a few ppl from the Oct board that have classed up from reading the forums. Also there is a numbering system from what I've gathered through talking to ppl from NRC. So don't get discouraged!

One was age critical and another was active duty and his enlistment was about to end. Other than that, I think the average selectee from the October board is in line behind the July prorec-Ys.

@priorguy Do you have an idea from what you see in your forum of how many people came out of your board with SWO prorecYs?

otejay

How many SWOs are picked up each board?
It varies on the need of the Navy. As mentioned before, the Naval Academy and NROTC officer candidates get priority. Whatever is left in terms of spots goes to OCS. There were SWO 270 spots predicted for FY14 but, in reality, there were something around 150.

Bluecore

How many SWOs are picked up each board?

Someone, I think Rufio, said that 73 of the 75 applicants for SWO board on October 6th were picked up. However, because our quota got reduced from 270 all the way down to 150, in addition to the fact that there are SWOs from the July board and maybe even earlier still waiting for OCS dates, it would be reasonable to assume the next board will be more competitive than the one on October 6th.