• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

JMac_11

So I spoke with my processor last week about this whole "tentative date" thing. She told me that she's never heard of such a thing and that recruiters are more likely just blowing smoke to give us a glimmer of hope. Is everyone getting tentative dates and my processor just doesn't know or what? What do you guys think?

bruin13

So I spoke with my processor last week about this whole "tentative date" thing. She told me that she's never heard of such a thing and that recruiters are more likely just blowing smoke to give us a glimmer of hope. Is everyone getting tentative dates and my processor just doesn't know or what? What do you guys think?

I never got a tentative date and when I asked my processor he knew nothing about them. By the time my FINSEL came in (this morning!!!) I was pretty confident that I'd be in one of the November classes though.

That also might have had something to do with the fact that I lost my recruiter shortly after getting my Pro Rec.

JMac_11

I never got a tentative date and when I asked my processor he knew nothing about them. By the time my FINSEL came in (this morning!!!) I was pretty confident that I'd be in one of the November classes though.

That also might have had something to do with the fact that I lost my recruiter shortly after getting my Pro Rec.
Ok, cool I'm not the only one than.
Congrats on the FINSEL!

Jules_W

I never got a tentative date from my processor. She also didn't understand what I meant by tentative date. Eventually I was able to contact someone at NRC who could give me my tentative date, which was spot on, so I know it's not just blowing smoke.

torpedotor

So I had to update my height and weight at MEPS this morning. Apparently I had completed MEPS too early and they needed to make sure that information was still valid. Hopefully this will get my application moving again shortly, and I hope to have a tentative date soon.

priorguy

Got Pro-Rec'd in June for SWO - has anyone received their final select from June yet? Or OCS date? I'm sort of in the dark and my recruiter doesn't seem to know much of my status - how long does it take from the time your are pro rec to leaving for OCS? Everyone is saying it varies but I haven't heard anything in three months now. Please help!

torpedotor

Hey, I got pro rec'd in February, but since I was still holding out for Intel, I didn't accept until June. I still don't have a tentative date (see above post). From what I've seen on just this forum, for some people it takes one month (seems rare) and for others it can take eight or more (reasons vary). I'm hoping to go 11/23 or 12/14 and it looks like people are beginning to receive FinSel letters for the 11/23 class. For some reason, my file got stuck on someone's desk because one thing wasn't updated and they couldn't bother to let anyone know that I needed to update it. Someone (maybe your OR) will just have to prod it along at that point. Now that that's been updated, I'm hoping I'll at least get a tentative date soon. Hope you do, too.

Jules_W

Got Pro-Rec'd in June for SWO - has anyone received their final select from June yet? Or OCS date? I'm sort of in the dark and my recruiter doesn't seem to know much of my status - how long does it take from the time your are pro rec to leaving for OCS? Everyone is saying it varies but I haven't heard anything in three months now. Please help!

Took me almost four months to get my FINSEL. I've noticed there's typically a five month gap (from what I've seen on this site) between being Pro Rec'd and leaving for OCS.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey, I got pro rec'd in February, but since I was still holding out for Intel, I didn't accept until June. I still don't have a tentative date (see above post). From what I've seen on just this forum, for some people it takes one month (seems rare) and for others it can take eight or more (reasons vary). I'm hoping to go 11/23 or 12/14 and it looks like people are beginning to receive FinSel letters for the 11/23 class. For some reason, my file got stuck on someone's desk because one thing wasn't updated and they couldn't bother to let anyone know that I needed to update it. Someone (maybe your OR) will just have to prod it along at that point. Now that that's been updated, I'm hoping I'll at least get a tentative date soon. Hope you do, too.

I talked about this in the past. OCS classes are first come, first served and contingent on that programs school. For example, if IW school only meets twice a year in February and June, NRC will class up applicants 4 months or so prior so they can attend that class and not having to wait several months and waste taxpayer dollars. I have several of my own applicants awaiting OCS classes, including some selected back in May and June. There's a saying in the Navy called "hurry up and wait" and right now you're in the "wait" part.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Alot of times I'll get a note on CIRIMS saying which OCS date my applicant is attending a day or so prior to the FINSEL arriving. That's a tentative date.

Jlopezmercado

You just found out today and you're OCS date is less than 2 weeks? Is that common?
(sorry new here) I was selected for pilot in the June review board

My OR told me that I was pushed into a slot because I'm age critical. I'm prior Army so I'm hoping I won't stick out like a sore thumb. I've also been trying to get on this website (http://www.ocs.navy.mil/ods_requiredpaperwork.asp) but I guess it is down, but it had a lot of good info on Newport.

I received a personal phone call from my CO two days ago confirming my selection to OCS for SNA from the June boards. Now the hard orders have not been released, but I was given the projected date of January. So hopefully others from the June boards will start getting there notices soon!

priorguy

Thanks for the response - it's comforting to know that you are also awaiting finsel and ocs after being pro rec'd in June. Further, after seeing some people in late May getting called for 11/23 OCS, there is glimmer of opportunity that we will be receiving our date soon. Let me know when you receive your finsel - maybe we'll be in the same class?