• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

AE2ENSIGN

I on the other hand am worried about aging out. Although fleet processing tells me that I have nothing to worry about. I want to go to OCS ASAP just to make sure that everything happens before May.
I am in the same boat as you. I need to make sure everything happens before June otherwise I age out of my community as well. Fingers crossed man, Fingers crossed.

Blue03

I am in the same boat as you. I need to make sure everything happens before June otherwise I age out of my community as well. Fingers crossed man, Fingers crossed.
I too am near the point of aging out, but my understanding is that the max age of 29 for SWO is adjusted upward by 24 months for prior service. Allowing a bit of breathing room for those like us. Is this your understanding too, or am I off base?

AE2ENSIGN

I too am near the point of aging out, but my understanding is that the max age of 29 for SWO is adjusted upward by 24 months for prior service. Allowing a bit of breathing room for those like us. Is this your understanding too, or am I off base?
Hello, you are right that the age of 29 can be adjusted by up to 24 months. But, I also heard it is up to the community managers discretion. (For example: I applied for an age waiver because I am already 29. I received one that is good until June 24 2015. But, I don't turn 31 until January 31st 2016. So, I don't know if I can reapply for another waiver to extend to January 31st or if the only time I have is until June 24 2015, the due date that the waiver was good for.

Checking into purgatory (took a while to be able to register) and beginning the wait! I saw I went Pro Y on BOL from the June boards for Pilot. Stationed at Fleet Readiness Center MIDLANT Norfolk. Good luck to those shipping out to OCS soon! I talked to the Application Officer in Tennessee and he said the FINSEL was already created and sitting in the stack waiting for dates and signatures. So close….

Jules_W

Checking into purgatory (took a while to be able to register) and beginning the wait! I saw I went Pro Y on BOL from the June boards for Pilot. Stationed at Fleet Readiness Center MIDLANT Norfolk. Good luck to those shipping out to OCS soon! I talked to the Application Officer in Tennessee and he said the FINSEL was already created and sitting in the stack waiting for dates and signatures. So close….

Welcome to Purgatory!

Blue03

Hello, you are right that the age of 29 can be adjusted by up to 24 months. But, I also heard it is up to the community managers discretion. (For example: I applied for an age waiver because I am already 29. I received one that is good until June 24 2015. But, I don't turn 31 until January 31st 2016. So, I don't know if I can reapply for another waiver to extend to January 31st or if the only time I have is until June 24 2015, the due date that the waiver was good for.
Gotcha, guess we have to hope things happen soon then!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This is coming straight from NRC when it comes to FINSELS:

"FINSEL's are being signed on a class by class basis to ensure our shipping numbers are correct before sending finalized reports to OCS. The dates that are recommended by PM's will generally be honored."