• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Anyone have any insight into graduation dates for those at OCS during the Christmas/New Years holiday season? How long of a break, if any, do we get while at OCS for the holidays? I've read on another thread that it is 10 day. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My OR told me that a couple of his applicants from last winter got to go home for the week. The real question is whether or not we will be charged leave, and since they shutdown training and all the staff go home I assume you have no choice but to also go home. Which brings up the question of whether or not transportation from and back to hell will be paid for by Uncle Sam.

akjim101

I was PROY SNA and SNFO at the May board, anyone else from that board still waiting for an FINSELl? My recruiter hasn't even been able to give me a "penciled in" date. I follow the board, rarely post, but I have a hard time keeping track of what selection board everyone came from.

thuntfx2

I was PROY SNA and SNFO at the May board, anyone else from that board still waiting for an FINSELl? My recruiter hasn't even been able to give me a "penciled in" date. I follow the board, rarely post, but I have a hard time keeping track of what selection board everyone came from.
I am also waiting from this board

James_1987

I am still waiting as well. I have no information either on potential class date just patiently waiting. I am not sure I would want a penciled in date would just prefer the actual date.

I was selected in the June SWO board, so I hope to hear something soon too.
+1 I was a June SWO as well.

On another note, my recruiter called me last week and told me my SF86 signatures didn't validate properly and I had to resubmit them. Is this something I can expect to set my FINSEL back?

Last edited:

triplej88

I am waiting from this board as well. Have an unofficial date of Nov 2...

CAJ0520

From National OPO

NRC has started issuing FINSELs for Pilot/NFO applicants from the June board, but we have just start placing these folks into future OCS classes - Oct-Dec14 timeframe. I would suspect that by the rate in which we are placing prior PROREC-Y Pilot/NFO applicants that the larger majority of the June Pilot/NFO selects will be issued their FINSELs during the month of August with OCS dates in the Nov14-Dec14 timeframe.

If you have a penciled in November date you will probably have to wait a bit until they finish filling October and start on November. His comment is for the June board but still applies to the people left over from May.

National OPO

+1 I was a June SWO as well.

On another note, my recruiter called me last week and told me my SF86 signatures didn't validate properly and I had to resubmit them. Is this something I can expect to set my FINSEL back?

Yes - SF86 Security Questionnaires that are rejected by OPM for any reason will delay NRC's ability to issue you your FINSEL. We must confirm that an applicant's background investigation was at least received and started by OPM (completely outside of our control) before we can ship someone to OCS. Your secrutiy clearance doesnt have to be completed before shipping to OCS, but it must be started to ensure that it gets completed before you complete and graduate OCS and get commissioned. Would recommend getting up with your recruiter as soon as possible to resolve the issues with your SF86 so that they can go ahead and resubmit to OPM.

National OPO

Just got my prorec y for SWO! Besides what it says on my Bol page that I just have to wait for my pq letter, can any other fleet applicants speak as to what's next and how long things took?

MA1 - since you submitted your physical examination docs along with your application, the post-board PQ process is all done internal to NRC by the processors, who walk your physical exam info down to our Medical Determinations officer for them to declare you physically qualified or if some additional docs might be needed by your PCM. Either way, the NRC processors should contact you within the next week or so to let you know if you were PQ or if something more is needed. If they dont contact you, I would recommend you contacting them. Would also recommend checking out the OCS/Commissioning Programs webpage on the NPC website as there is a word document in there (or used to be) labeled "What Happens Next" that should answer a lot of your questions.

binoly

MA1 - since you submitted your physical examination docs along with your application, the post-board PQ process is all done internal to NRC by the processors, who walk your physical exam info down to our Medical Determinations officer for them to declare you physically qualified or if some additional docs might be needed by your PCM. Either way, the NRC processors should contact you within the next week or so to let you know if you were PQ or if something more is needed. If they dont contact you, I would recommend you contacting them. Would also recommend checking out the OCS/Commissioning Programs webpage on the NPC website as there is a word document in there (or used to be) labeled "What Happens Next" that should answer a lot of your questions.
Thank you sir for your assistance throughout this process. I will find that info post haste.