• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

jakd

pilot
Checking in from the 15 AUG 18 board, SNA.

Still waiting on medical clearance as I all I have is a PDQ right now.

zoeth

Over 9000
Checking in from the 15 AUG 18 board, SNA.

Still waiting on medical clearance as I all I have is a PDQ right now.
You were PDQ at MEPS then? Did NRC/N3M recommend a waiver or further testing/outside consultation?
Did anything go wrong at MEPS that you might not know about or wouldn't have been immediatly obvious? (Urinalysis fail, HIV fail, etc etc?)

https://www.navycs.com/blogs/2009/09/17/navy-recruiting-medical-waiver-process
Might answer some of your questions...

jakd

pilot
You were PDQ at MEPS then? Did NRC/N3M recommend a waiver or further testing/outside consultation?
Did anything go wrong at MEPS that you might not know about or wouldn't have been immediatly obvious? (Urinalysis fail, HIV fail, etc etc?)

https://www.navycs.com/blogs/2009/09/17/navy-recruiting-medical-waiver-process
Might answer some of your questions...

I actually didn't go to MEPS because my recruiter has had bad experiences with them, so I went to the local Army Medical center. My recruiter also said it might be easier, as I had a surgery a while back for something on my elbow. N3M took that and gave me a PDQ with no chance of a waiver well before the board, but thanks to appeals I made it to the board.

The surgery was 7 years ago for a minor elbow problem, have multiple orthopedic surgeon write-ups saying I'm good to go for military service, and chapter 15 of MANMED only says the condition is disqualifying if you currently have it... Which I do not. I haven't had a symptom since the surgery and can do push ups, pull ups, dips, etc. with no problems. They gave me a one-liner saying that the history of the condition was disqualifying and that they would not be offering the chance for a waiver, with not much further explanation.

Just sitting here, calling everyone I know who has pull in the Navy, and hoping my appeal works. Idk how I even got to this point, but it's where I am.

Last edited:

Wind-Jammer

Sorry to be that guy, but checking in and out, just wanted to let everyone know my situation. For future applicants.
Pro Rec SNA on 24 aug, FINSEL on 5 sept for 14 oct. I turn 27 in February so I was a rush process for OCS. Cheers!

n558759

Sorry to be that guy, but checking in and out, just wanted to let everyone know my situation. For future applicants.
Pro Rec SNA on 24 aug, FINSEL on 5 sept for 14 oct. I turn 27 in February so I was a rush process for OCS. Cheers!

We're all jealous but glad you've made it.

Out of curiosity, is anyone getting November shipdates yet? I was pro-recd SNFO in August and expecting Oct but not sure whether or not that class is full yet.

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
We're all jealous but glad you've made it.

Out of curiosity, is anyone getting November shipdates yet? I was pro-recd SNFO in August and expecting Oct but not sure whether or not that class is full yet.

I have an AD buddy that found out yesterday that he will be going to the class at the end of November.