• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

CuBs2105

Hopefully they start pushing them out for the Feb NFOs now! Congrats!
I didn't think you would still be here! Seeing all these people in here that were selected a while ago makes me a little nervous about how long i'll be stuck at my current command. Hopefully they start pushing them soon

mhunter

None
I didn't think you would still be here! Seeing all these people in here that were selected a while ago makes me a little nervous about how long i'll be stuck at my current command. Hopefully they start pushing them soon
Haha! Yea I'm still around! They were waiting on results from the Intel board (which I knew I had no hope for) and my final transcript. They have all of that now so I am hoping to hear soon. Hopefully an early fall class.

mhunter

None
OR just texted me and said they have put in a request for my ship date. Hopefully they get something back this week.

Tyler Houston

Not that new of a member
Checking in: 2 more weeks until I graduate college! Hoping I can get the FINSEL pretty quick afterwards since I have been in (mandatory) purgatory for a few months now. Wouldn't mind being the youngest kid at the OCS party. I ran in a marathon to get into running shape for OCS. Running for over four hours is a great way to make the 1.5 miles PFT feel like a walk in the park.

mhunter

None
Checking in: 2 more weeks until I graduate college! Hoping I can get the FINSEL pretty quick afterwards since I have been in (mandatory) purgatory for a few months now. Wouldn't mind being the youngest kid at the OCS party. I ran in a marathon to get into running shape for OCS. Running for over four hours is a great way to make the 1.5 miles PFT feel like a walk in the park.
Show off! That is pretty impressive!

Jetnerd1123

Same here. Recruiter said it should be this month. I also think I was one of the last SWO applications for the February Board because we had to rush everything the last day. Fingers crossed that I can still get into the July class.
I did the exact same thing. I'm still holding on hope for the July class.

For other SNFO selects waiting from the February board, I heard from my OR last week that it was looking like September 20th-October 20th for my ship date but nothing definite. I believe that would be the Sep. 27th class or Oct. 18th classes. The first two parts of flight school (IFS and API) take about 9 weeks if I remember correctly so you'd graduate from the Sep. 27th OCS class and head to flight school without a long wait right as all those SNFO's who got pushed to the July 26th class start Primary. Could someone with more knowledge of how the Navy schedules things confirm or deny if that makes sense to not have a backed up pipeline? I'm still hoping to go earlier!

mhunter

None
For other SNFO selects waiting from the February board, I heard from my OR last week that it was looking like September 20th-October 20th for my ship date but nothing definite. I believe that would be the Sep. 27th class or Oct. 18th classes. The first two parts of flight school (IFS and API) take about 9 weeks if I remember correctly so you'd graduate from the Sep. 27th OCS class and head to flight school without a long wait right as all those SNFO's who got pushed to the July 26th class start Primary. Could someone with more knowledge of how the Navy schedules things confirm or deny if that makes sense to not have a backed up pipeline? I'm still hoping to go earlier!
Hopefully this is the case. I was really wanting one of the September classes.

Fermi

There's a few of us in here that just graduated and are waiting on final transcripts. So unless you are particularly young for a college senior, you're going to have to fight the rest of us for the right to be the youngest kid at OCS. ;)

KMC1020

I went through the Charlotte, NC office but the nearest NRC is Raleigh. My recruiter is an enlisted guy in his last year or so I think. He's been great when I can get a hold of him. Otherwise it's been just one-line email responses, but I know he's really busy.

I saw you were picked up for SWO on the same day as me. What did your recruiter tell you regarding a class date?

Well when I went in to get finger printed, he showed me the stack of folders of people who still had not gotten a FINSEL letter. And said the average wait for SWOs right now is 9 months, so he estimated some time in the fall. I emailed him earlier this month and he said he checks everyday and would contact me the second it came in.

exNavyOffRec

There's a few of us in here that just graduated and are waiting on final transcripts. So unless you are particularly young for a college senior, you're going to have to fight the rest of us for the right to be the youngest kid at OCS. ;)

we sent a girl to OCS when she was 19.

azbornpilot

Aviation bum

Congratulations on your selection Trusty Rusty! Coming from a recent OCS graduate and someone in PCola, I can tell you that timing and the pipeline depends on many factors. Oftentimes the training pipeline gets held up by factors such as weather, money, students in pool, pass rates, NAMI, etc. the only thing I can tell you is this. Learn this phrase, "hurry up and wait."

What I can tell you right now is to remember there are a lot of other officers getting commissioned in the next month as well that will be headed to Florida from ROTC and the Academy. These people too will join the waiting pools, along with marines, coast guard, and other nations services. Each class is very diverse and a lot of big navy wheels are involved in every decision. There are people in APool right now (waiting for IFS) that have been here since last summer. Bottom line is that it can be very unpredictable.

Right now enjoy your family, relax, and know that when the big day comes that you get that call or email with a ship date, know that the countdown begins. Work out hard, aim to MAX out the PT standards, and study the heck out of the stuff in this link. http://www.ocs.navy.mil/pdfs/App B OCR.pdf You should have it memorized backwards, forwards, sideways, downward, and any other variation of ways VERBATIVE WORD FOR WORD!!! Here are the pt standards: http://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives...s/06-100 General Physical Fitness/6110.1J.pdf . Be prepared to give 100% every day, both physically and mentally, and don't ever forget why you joined. Most of all stay humble and never forget those who have helped you along the way.

Again, Congratulations on getting selected! Enjoy these precious times, relax, and know that good things come to those who wait.