• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select... One Year in the Making

jjryan07

Iron Eagle
Received word today that I am FS for the Aug 25 class. I have been quiet on her for quite some time now, but this has been a very long process for me. I received PRK in May of 2012. Following that I took the ASTB in June and went to the July 2012 board. I was pro rec'd in Aug but had to wait until Nov to receive my PQ and PRK waiver. I attended MEPS in December, and that is when the fun really started.

At MEPS I was flagged for a urological issue, a hydrocele, which required further consult. A few weeks later they scheduled me for a consultation with a urologist. In their infinite wisdom, the wanted an ultrasound done, but sent me to an office without the equipment. They decided to send my medical package up for review anyway, and I found out a week later that I did need to have an ultrasound. I started working with my own urologist and over the next few months the Navy and I went back and forth until finally the only course of action was to have the hydrocele removed. That was 6 weeks ago.

I found out Friday I was finally granted the appropriate waivers and today that I was FS. A lot of this won't be a problem for people now because I think you have to get PQ'd now before you even go to the board. I was lucky enough that the Navy allowed me to keep my nearly one year old pro rec. If I can give anyone any advice for this process, it's don't give up on it. If it is really your dream, don't let anything stand in your way (even surgery on your boys), because all I can think right now is how worth it the last year has been.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MGoBrew11

pilot
When I was going through the process, I also waited a long time for my FS, about 7 months. I can tell you, it is well worth the wait! Good luck in Newport!

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Medical stuff and words

Bring all that paperwork to Newport with you and make multiple copies. Keep them in different folders when you check in (one placed in the medical file created during check in, one on your person to take to medical on second day, one to put lucky bag). You can never have too many back-up copies since paperwork goes missing at NHCNE on the regular and Candios can be astoundingly absent minded.

I had my entire file disappear for a while and I was originally disqualified but was granted a general waiver before shipping off to OCS. Therefore, when I disclosed this to the pseudo/faux flight doc during medical there was mass confusion and potential of NPQ discussed.

Be vigilant and good luck!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good morning,
I have a question, How long will it takes for medical to give you the other yes
NO SHOTGUNNING... post on one thread only!
*Howz about putting a bit of info into your Profile?:rolleyes:
BzB

Last edited: