• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Issues

borinf2d

T-Bone
I have an issue going on right now, and I was hoping some people with experience have some input. I'm pro rec SNA, I went to nas jax for a physical in early December. My recruiter said he'd pick up all the papers and send them in. Well over a month later I called him because I haven't heard from him and he said that the lab work wasn't processed correctly. He's had to have known this atleast a month. I graduated in December and if he would have told me about this when I was still in Florida it wouldn't have been a big issue, but I've moved back home to Ohio. What can I do to keep my recruiter a little informative because I am trying to figure out what I'm going to be doing the next few years because these loans aren't going to pay themselves. Also, where am I going to get all these labs drawn at? Can I get the list of lab requirements and have them done locally and faxed? I'm an hour south of Cleveland Ohio. For those of you who read my little book of a post, thank you; this is just really frustrating right now.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor

originalbigjim

i say go to another recruiter, when i joined the navy (enlisted) i signed up at jax, then i moved home to michigan, i went to the local recruiter and told him my story and gave him my old recruiters business card, he said they could do what i think was called a "courtesy ship" if my old recruiter sends my paperwork, well long story short, he overnighted to me the day before i was going to boot camp. anyways the moral of the story get an new recruiter on him and that might work. I am sure you can do more medical stuff at your Ohio meps.

borinf2d

T-Bone
thanks everyone. I just talked ot the recruiter today, he's going to try to get me in somwhere up here, but he said if not, I would have to go to my doctor for the labs. He said he would help me pay for it.... I don't think him or I should have to pay for ANYTHING. They F'd up at the medical place. Is this an issue I should push?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ohio isn't THAT big of a state, so the OSU NROTC has to be serviced by someone. So, that leads me to believe that there's a military medical treatment facility nearby that could redo the labs in accordance w/ NAMI's reqs. I'd agree that you shouldn't be paying fees for an accession physical.

es101js

pilot
^^^^to add on...

Check with OSU NROTC or MIAMI NROTC, they use the facilities at Wright Pat AFB which can do the necessary work/tests. I would check with your recruiter, see if he can get you an appointment there or maybe even give one of those units a call to see if they can set something up for you there.