• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fighter Ace Robin Olds laid to rest

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
About 18 months ago, I had to privilege to meet Gen. Olds at the Westfield Air show. My boss sponsored him to be the guest speaker at the reception. Here he is talking to her, her uncle who was already featured on Dogfights and her husband. I was lucky to have met the man. To top off the 'old school' experience, he told some off color jokes during his speech, which was awesome.

Attachments

• DSCN0682.JPG
    DSCN0682.JPG
    367 KB · Views: 47

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
......To top off the 'old school' experience, he told some off color jokes during his speech, which was awesome.

Does THIS look like a guy .... in fact, ANY of the guys in this picture .... who give(s) a shit .... or, as we used to say, a flying fuck .... about PC and everything that emanates from it --- you know, those PC things that are destroying our military and our country ... ????

SCREW PC. Who do you want on your right and your left when the balloon goes up??? Time to stand up and be counted.

The defense rests .... :)

viet25.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does THIS look like a guy .... in fact, ANY of the guys in this picture .... who give(s) a shit .... or, as we used to say, a flying fuck .... about PC and everything that emanates from it --- you know, those PC things that are destroying our military and our country ... ????

SCREW PC. Who do you want on your right and your left when the balloon goes up??? Time to stand up and be counted.

The defense rests .... :)

viet25.jpg

He took a wing that was mired in what would be today called PC and turned it into a band of warriors. By 1972, he had to go back and inspect why it was lackluster again...guess why?

I'd join his band any time or Hoser's (Navy's uncompromising warrior)

Hoser's gravestone....I got this message from the legendary Hoser:

The attachment is a photo of my head stone which has been there [in his "yard" in Nevada City] 24 yrs. I traded a AK-47 for it and chained it to that tree so Snort, Weasel, Flash, Bush, Turk, Hill Billy or Smash could not steal the SOB! HAARRR! You may notice some discoloration at 12 O'clock,,,, Not only did I wish To enjoy my head stone, but I was determined to piss on my own grave if I ever f[---]ed up again.. VR D-Hose

Hoser.jpg