• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FFEX III Question

Shadow9660

Hey Marines, it's me again...noticed this TBS forum has been a little dry lately, so I thought I'd post a question. We got FFEX III coming up in 2 days, and I'm wondering if anyone who graduated recently can tell me if they got gassed (CS) on this FFEX. In the op order, it says "mopp level 0, but enemy known to carry CS, so be ready to employ FPM's/ call to higher"...is this for real, cuz I'm not gonna put my contact lenses in if they do...thanks, semper fi!

vvmountainvv

yes...you will get gassed. expect it during the platoon defense...you will be all dug in, getting ready for your sleep shift....then GAS GAS GAS!!!

my SPC didn't have his gas mask and ran off coughing and choking...lol

the gas lasted for a long time....they light off a lot.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Shadow9660 said:
Hey Marines, it's me again...noticed this TBS forum has been a little dry lately, so I thought I'd post a question. We got FFEX III coming up in 2 days, and I'm wondering if anyone who graduated recently can tell me if they got gassed (CS) on this FFEX. In the op order, it says "mopp level 0, but enemy known to carry CS, so be ready to employ FPM's/ call to higher"...is this for real, cuz I'm not gonna put my contact lenses in if they do...thanks, semper fi!

Yup, you'll be getting gassed. We only got gassed once, but had a few false alarms. One platoon was gassed the last night of the FEX, all through the night. This was after my platoon completely ran through their defense. :D

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
I remember getting gassed pretty good when we were in the defense. Keep your mask clean and ready...especially before you decide to sleep, or when it is your turn to sleep. It rained for about 2 consecutive days while we were in the D and they gassed us on the last night, my mask was covered in mud and I couldn't get it on. The AI threw a CS canister in my hole, not fun....I puked and coughed for a good 45 mins. Hindsight is 20/20, keep the mask clean...

LSUMarine

Lay off me! I'm starving!
And don't be all motivated and dig a grenade sump in your fighting hole either. That CS canister that gets thrown into your hole WILL go to the bottom of that sump, and then you'll get to enjoy the gas for alot longer. Saw it happen, and even with a mask on, its not fun.
And on a side note, when you grab that CS canister out of your hole, ensure that you throw it towards your AI/SPC, they love that. Besides, they just did it to you didn't they?

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Side note:
We opened fire as our gassers came through. That'll keep them from getting too close to your hole. They are the enemy, fire at will.

Trick of the trade: When the NBC folks are around, gass is probably coming sometime soon. If you are really concerned, the Enlisted guys seems to know when these things are coming. Naturally, some will lie to you about it or play dumb. So getting the good intel is up to you.

Cheating?

Hardly. Last I checked, 0204 is still a Marine MOS....so train like you will fight.

usmcecho4

pilot
My SPC would carry a few CS genades around with him at all times. Whenever we would start messing up it was arty sims, 200 meter displacement runs, and gas upon consilidation until he was satisfied. And sometimes he would just pop them for fun. Just remember not to run. Stop put your mask on and do what you are supposed to do. Running is not the proper way to deal with an NBC attack (although it does work sometimes). Also you may want to brush up on your NBC reports (no one knew these and it sort of pissed the SPCs off).

s/f,
usmcecho4

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Yeah .... my SPC threw a CS grenade in my hole ...... had my mask on so AI was fine just threw it back. But he got his later when, on an attack, we launched a green star cluster. After the attack walking back to the assembly area we walked past our SPC and something that looked like burning coals. We were all like ... "was he cooking something" until we saw an E-Tool and and a pack frame!! WE BLEW UP HIS PACK. Needless to say we DIDN'T get gassed for the rest of that day.

Peace,

-Spin