• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Few good questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRIMBESY

Corporal
Just a few quick questions, since I'm believe in the effectiveness of this forum.

- Where do I find out the dates for OCS classes for next 12 months?

- How are the air slots looking for next 12 months?

- Does anybody know the DC/MD OSO? How competitive are the air slots
in this region?

I appreciate the responses in advance!!!

Corporal

Midshipmanjosh

Air slots from what i have read and what my OSO tells me are fairly easy to get if you qualify (ASTB, Medical Physical, ect). My package just went/going before the board in the next 2 weeks.

Anyways, good luck

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
I know the OSO in the DC/MD area. PM or e-mail me if you need any help contacting him. Good luck.

PRIMBESY

Corporal
Thanks for your input Team!

u.s.av8r,
Actually, I just graduated in December and currently work for an accounting firm in Northern Virginia. Since I got a $ bonus upon employment, I have to work for them for at least 12 months; to expire in January of 2006. OCC 191 sounds like a good fit for me, but I'm worried about my acceptance chances for that class. After reading through some threads in OCS forum, it seems that the October class is easier to get into. Is this true or is it just another rumor???

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Does anybody know the DC/MD OSO?

OSS Hyattsville
METRO III, SUITE 425
6525 BELCREST RD.
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20782-2003
TEL: (301) 394-0519
TEL: (888) 659-0007
FAX: (301) 394-0522

peanut3479

pilot
Don't worry about which class is easier to get into. Apply for January; if you don't get in, then apply for summer, then October, and so on. Until then work on making yourself the best possible applicant (your OSO will help you with this), and let the chips fall where they may.

Padma

corpsocgmu said:
I know the OSO in the DC/MD area. PM or e-mail me if you need any help contacting him. Good luck.

Got any help in Ohio? I've been trying to contact my guy in Columbus for 2 weeks with messages and via the local office and I can't get a call back.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Padma-

Here's the page where I got the info for the DC area OSO:
http://www.4mcd.usmc.mil/aop.asp
The OH info is on there as well. I don't think the recruiting billets are quite up to date on this page, but the contact info should be.

peanut3479

pilot
If I remember right, Samadma is an OSO in OH or somewhere nearby. I don't know whether he's in the city you're looking for, but a PM never hurt anyone.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Primbesy

Where in the DC area are you from? I'm a Marylander and have a lot of family in the Hyattsville area.

PRIMBESY

Corporal
CommodoreMid said:
Where in the DC area are you from? I'm a Marylander and have a lot of family in the Hyattsville area.

I recently moved to Arlington, VA. Do you know of any PT sessions going on in the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.