• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fess up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singer6

Konichiwa *****es
That is a T-45 from Meridian. Its the weirdest video I've seen. It looked like the holdback fitting broke before the cat fired. I'm sure he stopped before getting to the edge of the deck.

DairyCreamer

Singer6 said:
That is a T-45 from Meridian. Its the weirdest video I've seen. It looked like the holdback fitting broke before the cat fired. I'm sure he stopped before getting to the edge of the deck.

Surely a catapult wouldn't randomly fire like that. The video is too fuzzy, so I can't tell whether the whether the shuttle is there or moved or anything of the sort. Obviously the guy is at some fair amount of power (probably full mil) because you can see the spray of water behind him as he starts to move forward.

Your holdback bar idea is probably right, I just wish I could see the shuttle.

~Nate

DairyCreamer

UInavy said:
A cat shot is a much quicker acceleration than that. The guy on the deck was seriously injured as it was. Had it been a cat shot.......

Oh yeah, that's not water behind him, its exhaust gas. Anyone who has CQ'd from NMM has seen that and knows the story behind it. As such, I'd advise against posting the details since injuries were involved.

Definitely not fast enough for the cat to have been actually fired, yah. Didn't know whether there was a situation where a partial pressure release of the steam cylinder could happen causing the aircraft to move forward slowly.

I've seen some T-45s depart Centennial Airport here in Denver, and the accel seems comperable to a regular land-based takeoff with brake release at a high power setting.

Interesting about the exhaust gas. I figured it was just kicking up spray on deck or water in the tie down eyes (or whatever terminology is used for those). Didn't think it would be visible by itself coming off the deck like that.

~Nate

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
DairyCreamer said:
Definitely not fast enough for the cat to have been actually fired, yah. Didn't know whether there was a situation where a partial pressure release of the steam cylinder could happen causing the aircraft to move forward slowly.

Or.....we could have no clue what we're talking about....

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
bennett4362 said:
how come the people to his right don't run to check on him? they just stand there...
Because they may not be able to...they may be directing aircraft, instructing a pilot to hold brakes, or part of the catapult launch team. Unfortunately unless relieved thay may not be able to leave their post. As jet on cat 1 may be in tension...
r/
G

bennett4362

deployment sucks
Schnuggapup said:
Because they may not be able to...they may be directing aircraft, instructing a pilot to hold brakes, or part of the catapult launch team. Unfortunately unless relieved thay may not be able to leave their post. As jet on cat 1 may be in tension...
r/
G

i see. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.