• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ferguson Aviation Academy

theduke

You've mentioned this a couple of times now. Is there a source for this rumor? Anything to give it some credit?

nah, just what i've been told by the folks at Ferguson. i don't really even know any more details...just passing along what i've heard, and presenting it as such.

and yeah, the rental rates around here are nasty. i think there is one place with decent rates, but i can't remember which FBO. i think they had a C-150 for like $45/hour or something, and a Mooney for $130/hour.

(also, I checked some of the other NFCs and some will waive any initiation fee with a letter of good standing from another NFC)

my understanding is that the Pensacola NFC is no longer affiliated with the Navy...it's privately run. Therefore, the other NFCs won't waive the initiation fee coming from PNFC...but again, talk to someone more in the know if you really wanna make sure.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Check around w/ the FBO at Peter Prince on Hwy 90 just on the other side of Milton. Plenty of CAP pilots (most are ex-mil and some w/ CFI/CFII) that might give you a decent instructor rate. Planes may be cheaper too. Just an idea.