• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

female submariners in 2009

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

Ecureuil444

Habitual Waster of Time
"...the Navy plans to get women into submarines and avoid mixing with seamen by making two US Virginia class subs consist of all-female crew and officers."

Poor wording or a bit risqué?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
What is the official rationale for not having women on subs? Hygiene? Facilities?

haubby

None
Contributor
Heads are the biggest reason I would believe. The Ohio Class could probably pull it off (and we do for midiops) but it sucks only having 3 toliets/2 showers for 120 guys.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
limited space to provide the extra seperate facilities, sexual harasment, and if it was an all girl sub if you group girls together for long enough their periods all match up at the same time... can u imagine hell? well thats prolly it!

Anything that bleeds for five days and lives cannot be trusted...

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
I showed the article to my command (Submarine Squadron 11) including my Commodore. The reaction was great :eek:. I then showed them the april fools. Everyone got a kick out of it. Especially the last line from the Chief about his mother-in-law.:D

WIDGET

Well, that's just great. You hear that, Ed? Bears. Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
doesn't pregnancy play its role?

That's what I always thought... a woman comes on board and doesn't know shes pregnant, and a possibly very sensitive mission is compromised because it has to surface... or she hooks up with a male if they have mixed crews, same thing.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
That's what I always thought... a woman comes on board and doesn't know shes pregnant, and a possibly very sensitive mission is compromised because it has to surface... or she hooks up with a male if they have mixed crews, same thing.

The real issue is that all submarine officers are NUC officers and that there are special Navy and Federal requirements for ionizing radiation exposure to unborn children and pregnant women.

haubby

None
Contributor
The real issue is that all submarine officers are NUC officers and that there are special Navy and Federal requirements for ionizing radiation exposure to unborn children and pregnant women.

So these requirements don't apply to female surface nukes?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
No...they do. Leave me alone...Codeine good.:D

By the way...I can't remember if we had this discussion before or not...were we on PA at the same time?? I suspect so. PM me...