• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feinstein to introduce AWB in January

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you watched POTUS on MTP today, it was pretty clear to me that they're backing off the gun control issue quite a bit. I'll therefore issue my standard "bitch be cool" advisory to those who are reflexively "clinging" to your weapons. :D

Imagine Obama and Wayne LaPierre in this scene... and suddenly, all is right in the world.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I've sold three stripped lowers, a complete lower, and a handful of magazines so far... all at 2.5-3.5x what I payed for them. I'm trying to unload a complete upper and rear sight. I've taken the proceeds and purchased hundreds of backordered USGI ($8.99) and PMAGS ($10.00).

This situation is so crazy. I wasn't involved enough to know what it was like in 2008 but man...

BigRed389

None
I've sold three stripped lowers, a complete lower, and a handful of magazines so far... all at 2.5-3.5x what I payed for them. I'm trying to unload a complete upper and rear sight. I've taken the proceeds and purchased hundreds of backordered USGI ($8.99) and PMAGS ($10.00).

This situation is so crazy. I wasn't involved enough to know what it was like in 2008 but man...

Wasn't quite as bad in 2008. I sold my M4gery for about $1300 then, which was only a few hundred less than what local shops were selling them for, and ~500 more than what I put it together for.

The new prices are making me consider unloading the 1000rds of M855, 12 PMAGs and 10 USGI mags I held on to for when prices settled back down and I felt the need to get another black gun.

yak52driver

Contributor
I have been avoiding any online gun ban discussions, but I read portions of this Harvard study regarding gun control and violence. Basically, as most pro-gun folks already know, there is no correlation between gun control and violence. Interestingly, when England banned all handguns and many long guns their rate of violence went up significantly. I have not ready every post on this thread, apologies if it has already been posted.

www.law.harvard.edu/students/o...atesMauseronline.pdf

jtmedli

pilot
I have been avoiding any online gun ban discussions, but I read portions of this Harvard study regarding gun control and violence. Basically, as most pro-gun folks already know, there is no correlation between gun control and violence. Interestingly, when England banned all handguns and many long guns their rate of violence went up significantly. I have not ready every post on this thread, apologies if it has already been posted.

As did Australia's rate of rape, murder, and theft. Hmmm...me thinks we see a correlation.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
....Interestingly, when England banned all handguns and many long guns their rate of violence went up significantly.......

Not really. For a short time the murder rate continued to climb after the UK's new gun laws went into effect but the murder rate has been falling for almost ten years and now the murder rate it is to historic lows and rates for other violent crimes continue to fall as well.

As did Australia's rate of rape, murder, and theft. Hmmm...me thinks we see a correlation.

No, not really. With the exception of assaults the rates for murder, rape and robbery have all either fallen, murder has fallen to a record low, or have stayed relatively steady.

Don't you hate it when the facts get in the way of a good argument? :)

yak52driver

Contributor
Not really. For a short time the murder rate continued to climb after the UK's new gun laws went into effect but the murder rate has been falling for almost ten years and now the murder rate it is to historic lows and rates for other violent crimes continue to fall as well.

No, not really. With the exception of assaults the rates for murder, rape and robbery have all either fallen, murder has fallen to a record low, or have stayed relatively steady.

Don't you hate it when the facts get in the way of a good argument? :)

I do hate that! :)

The Harvard report uses data up through 2000, which does show homicides trending up. The BBC data shows since 2000, as well. Ah, statistics...

CAMike

None
Contributor
What's ironic is that the Hollywood Progressive types are much like our politicians (DiFi, Boxer and Pelosi). They add to their own personal "Blind Trust" wealth yet simultaneously speak out against their own revenue stream. Lets' Do Something? How about we get back to basics and reinstate the soul and spirit educational process that we eliminated in the name of "not offending anyone". When we removed life lessons like "Thou Shall Not kill" we inadvertently created a situation where certain young soulless human beings make a decision to act out against others in horrific ways. Legislating anything is a waste of time. We need to begin investing again in our kids spiritual education.

"Passing New Laws Will Continue Until Behavior Improves" is nothing more than a continuos loop of missed approaches.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, if only Dylan Klebold, James Holmes and Adam Lanza had been exposed to the 10 commandments, they all would have been snatched back from the brink of insanity.

These shootings aren't examples of social moral ambiguity, they're examples of mental illness rendering the perp unable to distinguish between the two.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Yes, if only Dylan Klebold, James Holmes and Adam Lanza had been exposed to the 10 commandments, they all would have been snatched back from the brink of insanity.

These shootings aren't examples of social moral ambiguity, they're examples of mental illness rendering the perp unable to distinguish between the two.

Regardless of your view of religion and it's effectiveness, one does have to wonder if all of the above may have chosen differently if they had heard 'thou shall not kill' from an early age.