• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feinstein to introduce AWB in January

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Picking up a RCBS Supreme Master Reloading Kit and Lee 7.62/5.56 dies on Monday.

MasterBates

I have a box under the tree that's about the right size and weight for a Dillon

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk

JackyB

Better stock up on reloading supplies before the common sense challenged folks in the US and state capitols decide that they need to restrict access to them. Here in the PRC, they are after ammunition purchases, bullet buttons etc....

It may take years to unwind this misguided zealotry to regulate......

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seems like a lot of manufactured drama that's good for gun & ammo sales, not so good for gun & ammo purchasers. If I were in the market for either, I'd probably wait until the frenzy dies down... like it did after the 2008 election.

Anyhow, this was passed to me by a friend on FB. Pretty good read on the logic (or lack thereof) of an assault weapons ban. I'm betting that after the dust clears, there won't be a significant piece of legislation that changes our access to assault weapons in any meaningful way. People have short memories and the anti-gun passion will subside. Just a prediction.

Renegade One

None
Picking up a RCBS Supreme Master Reloading Kit and Lee 7.62/5.56 dies on Monday.
I had a feeling this was coming (with the re-election of the Pres) so I'm sitting pretty on about 3,000 loaded rounds of M855, plus enough supplies to load about 8,000 rounds of 55gr FMJ. That's in 5.56/.223 alone. Winning.
I'm reliably informed that there is a difference between 5.56 NATO and .223 Remington loading procedures...and that you shouldn't "mix and match" the two. Apparently has to do with different "leade" in the chamber throat, which necessitates a slight (but significant?) difference in bullet seating depth? I'm no expert, obviously, but have been told that you can fire either in a rifle chambered for 5.56 NATO, but that you should only fire ammo specifically loaded for .223 in a rifle marked for that caliber. Y'all talk amongst yourselves...

Flugelman

Contributor
I had a feeling this was coming (with the re-election of the Pres) so I'm sitting pretty on about 3,000 loaded rounds of M855, plus enough supplies to load about 8,000 rounds of 55gr FMJ. That's in 5.56/.223 alone. Winning.

A Dillon 550 loader is worth its weight in gold.

I've got a Dillon 650 w/22 Hornet dies gathering dust in storage. PM me if interested. I rather it go to someone of similar interests rather than some random person.

MasterBates

Wife just confirmed heavy box is not a reloading press. Just ammo and reloading components. I'm interested

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Wife just confirmed heavy box is not a reloading press. Just ammo and reloading components. I'm interested

Hit up E-Bay or your other favorite site. Used reloading equipment can be had very reasonable and this stuff never wears out. I've been using the same Lyman Orange Crush for 20 years and thousands of rounds.

Like most hobbies it's easy to get started and the variety is endless. I'd be happy to start a thread in the firearms section on reloading. I've been doing it for 30 years and it's a very enjoyable hobby.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Seems like a lot of manufactured drama that's good for gun & ammo sales, not so good for gun & ammo purchasers. If I were in the market for either, I'd probably wait until the frenzy dies down... like it did after the 2008 election.

Anyhow, this was passed to me by a friend on FB. Pretty good read on the logic (or lack thereof) of an assault weapons ban. I'm betting that after the dust clears, there won't be a significant piece of legislation that changes our access to assault weapons in any meaningful way. People have short memories and the anti-gun passion will subside. Just a prediction.

I'm tending to agree. I went to the local major gun shop in Jax yesterday and they were gouging so disturbingly (they had a wall full of both lowers and ARs, so it wasn't supply, as they claimed), I left without buying a thing (I was just looking for a couple of mags for a Glock). I mentioned this before, but I'm guessing the supply channels will open up after New Years/SHOT.

Ammo seems to be silly right now, as well, but hopefully that will settle next year.

MasterBates

I currently reload, MEC 600JR for 12ga and a Lee Pro 1000 for 45ACP. The lee is nice for what it is, but is limited to pistol and some smaller rifle rounds.

Go ahead with reloading thread. I know some, but I'm sure you and others have greater knowledges.

MasterBates

Last 2 days I have bought:
1000 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39
$300. About the going price before the shooting.

880 rounds Bulgarian 7.62x54R. $200

2 pounds Red Dot
2 pounds Bullseye

1000 Small Rifle Primers
1000 Large Rifle Primers
1000 Small Pistol Primers.

All a normal pre crisis prices.

KBayDog

2 pounds Red Dot
2 pounds Bullseye

1000 Small Rifle Primers
1000 Large Rifle Primers

Damn, dude - expecting something to happen in the next two days?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
The article mentioned never discusses ammo. If a 1994-style AWB is as flawed as is proffered in the article then an obvious political tactic is to go after ammo. Tax, serialize, register, limitation, shorter shelf-life of powder, yatta, yatta...

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor

2 pounds Red Dot
2 pounds Bullseye

1000 Small Rifle Primers
1000 Large Rifle Primers

Slacker.