• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feels like I'm back from the dead.

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010
I was pro-rec'd SNFO after the October boards met. I went to MEPS and failed their color vision test. Naturally, I was deemed NPQ. I knew something was up because I have never had any type of color vision problems in my 24 years of existence. For this reason, and also because it's been said on this forum many times to not take "No" for an answer, I went to a civilian eye doc. He tested my color vision and I passed his tests, one of which was the same dot plate test they use at MEPS (Ishihara). So he wrote me a letter and my OR sent it to some medical review guys.

The medical guys STILL told me I'm NPQ! I have never been so down and out in my life. But once again, the good people on AW reminded me to be persistant. So I found an FAA flight surgeon who used to be an Army Reserve flight doc, and he took the time to meet with me and he wrote me a GREAT letter stating that my color vision is normal. For back up, I went to a third eye doc and got more testing done which resulted in a third letter. These letters were submited the Friday before the two week break.

I still didn't think I had a chance but my OR called me up yesterday and told me the good news. I have finally been deemed Physically Qualified!

I just wanted to share the good news and thank those of you who have given me great advice. This just proves that the equipment at MEPS (yes, even the almighty Farnsworth Lantern that has been used since 1954) CAN be faulty.

Congratulations. Glad to hear everything worked out. It pays to be persistent. I was actually surprised that I didn't have any problems at MEPS. Some of the equipment seemed a little questionable.