• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 2012 SNA OCS Board

David Abreu

I know this board is not confirmed but rumors are going that there should be another SNA board in February of 2012 as well as the normal March and July boards.

Non-Select for August 2011 Board
Still waiting on mine!
Fight to Fly, Fly to Fight, Fight to WIN! ;)

6/7/6 52
3.06 GPA
Criminology and Investigations
28 Hours Flight Training
Former USNA Midshipmen (Honorable discharge for Academics in Pre-Aerospace Engineering, I know, I know)
O-6 JAG Recommendation
Love Flying!

ncap86

Wow, my ASTB is identical and I have the same gpa with the same degree, and about the same flight time. I'm still waiting to hear from my recruiter. I was a non-select for the Oct 2010 boards.

Even more nervous now.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
Hopefully this is all true because I PCS'd right around the time I should have been submitting my package for the last SNA board.... Oh well, hopefully I will have a chance this time around.

27/m (with waiver to 29)
6/6/7 57
3.61 Accounting and Finance
Active duty AT2 with 3 years service
NAM
3x O-5, 1x O6
Track Captain, volunteered 259 hours, National Honor Society, Acc/Fin Society
Going to start ground school but I'm not sure I will have started by the time I submit my app and not sure if I can adjust after submitting.

mjv305

ENS SNA
Just got an email regarding this matter from Fleet/OCS processor, he said no SNA or Intel board scheduled until Spring of next year...

Pilotman87

Just got an email regarding this matter from Fleet/OCS processor, he said no SNA or Intel board scheduled until Spring of next year...

Did he confirm that there will be a SNA board in the spring? Did he give you an idea of the month maybe?

Sonog

pilot
I have been hearing they are having an SNA/ NFO board this november.

Where are you "hearing" this from? I usually thought hearsay on this forum at least consisted of "my OR said this..." or "I work at CNRC and my CO told me this..."

Pilotman87

Yeah, my understanding was that the rumor mill here on air warriors was for an NFO board this fall because there was a discrepancy with NFO this August. But this is the first time I'm hearing of it also containing a SNA board also. It would be a bummer for me if it was, as I am a secondary alternate SNA out of august and would still be in alternate purgatory I'm sure. We will see, but let the rumors fly!

mjv305

ENS SNA
wouldnt make sense for there to be a board in november when they are held annually.. Stop bringing false hope.

JEP

wouldnt make sense for there to be a board in november when they are held annually.. Stop bringing false hope.
Not trying to bring false hope buddy. Also with your annual thing for a board, I have never heard that one before. As you might know maybe in this climate people are talking about a board per year, but the navy could have a board next month if they wanted. Not bringing false hope to anyone that is just what I have been told by my OR. ORs don't bring any false hope these days. As you know Fiscal year is about to end and I guess that means they will be working on FY13 come October 1st. Also you might know that they know with projects what they need for the next 5 and 10, 15 years down the road. With the majors hiring big time for the next 3 years I am sure that is in the Navy's projections as well.

Lucy

Not sure about the Feb date or not, but with a projected quota for FY13 (boards select from Oct 11-Sep12) of about 115 pilots, even with the secondary alternates from August boards, there needs to be at least 2 boards between now and next fall. One is suppose to occur between Oct-March, and the other March-Sep. Once a year boards don't happen often, and then only for smaller desginators. Even this year there was two for pilot, last November and this August.

David Abreu

Thanks Lucy, that makes a ton of sense. I heard the rumored FEB board from my OR although like I said, no guarantees. We are going to work on a resubmit by hopefully increasing my ASTB scores. Thanks for the input JEP, and your right " but the navy could have a board next month if they wanted." Hang in there MJV, theres always hope.

Reactions: JEP