• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 2 OCS

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
good luck with the drive. My instincts told me to fly there.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Don't be the guy without a car at OCS. It is a must for storage and later possibilities of liberty. Even if the drive takes a week it is worth it. You will get paid for it later on. I believe the distance works out to 350 miles a day max. This means if you drive 1100 miles to get their you are allowed 4 days to drive. You get paid for the distance based off a certain rate per mile. You also get per diem (100ish per day) and hotels if you save the receipt.

Drive, trust me. You will have more freedom with a car at OCS and you actually end up making money in the end.

skim

None
Contributor
I created a thread awhile back regarding me being on the fence about driving in January. I know the + and - of having a car there, and I weighed them, and had to make a decision. It has since been made and will have to work with it whether it was a good choice or bad. But in the end it will all work out im sure.

Casual

Jammin'
None
Thanks for the response Tom. I created a thread awhile back regarding me being on the fence about driving. I know the + and - of having a car there, and I weighed them, and had to make a decision. It has since been made and will have to work with it whether it was a good choice or bad. But in the end it will all work out im sure.

Bad choice, should have driven :) At least if you fly, don't roll to H and have to move all your stuff out of one person's car and into another. I suppose that's not the worst reason to not roll to H, though.

skim

None
Contributor
Where were all these opinions when I started the thread 2 months ago? :) Oh well. If I need to mooch a ride, I will cover the drivers expenses I guess, or volunteer to be the designated...

It also works that I have some non-Navy OCS connections (just pointed out to me by my wife, that and the two people who responded were Tom, and Dick (richard). Just need Harry to respond now:p) who live in town and one who works on base if I need to stash stuff.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Where were all these opinions when I started the thread 2 months ago?....
In Newport, without access to a computer.
You can survive without a car, it'll just suck a little more without it.

skim

None
Contributor
+1 for the obvious, didn't think about those there already.