• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 2 OCS

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I will take the liberty of starting the thread for the February 2nd OCS class. If your in this class, let me know if your interested in meeting up in Newport before the fun starts.

-Ken

Mattatron

Now with extra pork!
pilot
Cool man, I'll be there with ya. Heres a question though, are you driving or flying? I'm curious to see what the pro/cons would be for both sides. Are you gonna show up a few days ahead of time or whats your plan?

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
Cool man, I'll be there with ya. Heres a question though, are you driving or flying? I'm curious to see what the pro/cons would be for both sides. Are you gonna show up a few days ahead of time or whats your plan?

Well man, you'll probably see my other post about possibly moving my date back. I would like to keep this date, but if physically unable, I'll have to make the change. Either way though, I'm driving (from Seattle). I haven't planned the trip out completely yet but I'm planning on giving myself at least 8-9 days incase the weather is completely horrible. I will have my car there though. Where are you coming from? Are you flying or driving?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
You are going to have the best DI at OCS. Don't screw it up and roll during Indoc week.

Mattatron

Now with extra pork!
pilot
I'm coming from Colorado, so far I am still up in the air about my means of transportation. At the moment I am leaning towards driving just so I can stash my cell phone and some other stuff in the car whilst enjoying the nice relaxing festivities of the OCS experience. I agree about the weather, that time last year we got DUMPED on with snow and that might cause a few problems. But heres the rub, I have a nice car and I'm worried about it getting jacked or broken into when were preoccupied by "embracing the suck". Any idea if the student lot is protected or at least secure?

Why push the date back? You got a month to get into shape, come on it'll be fun.

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
I'm coming from Colorado, so far I am still up in the air about my means of transportation. At the moment I am leaning towards driving just so I can stash my cell phone and some other stuff in the car whilst enjoying the nice relaxing festivities of the OCS experience. I agree about the weather, that time last year we got DUMPED on with snow and that might cause a few problems. But heres the rub, I have a nice car and I'm worried about it getting jacked or broken into when were preoccupied by "embracing the suck". Any idea if the student lot is protected or at least secure?

Why push the date back? You got a month to get into shape, come on it'll be fun.

Trust me, I want to start as soon as possible, but I need to be realistic. I will swear in next week. Hopefully my leg is feeling better and I can press on. And about the parking lot...Its on a military base, so that right there eliminates a lot of problems. There aren't usually too many problems with that on military bases.

Mattatron

Now with extra pork!
pilot
about the parking lot...Its on a military base, so that right there eliminates a lot of problems. There aren't usually too many problems with that on military bases.

One would think, but I grew up on Army bases and know better. Call me paranoid but there was also a string of auto beak-ins here on Peterson AFB a few months ago. Lets hope the Navy is more civilized.

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
One would think, but I grew up on Army bases and know better. Call me paranoid but there was also a string of auto beak-ins here on Peterson AFB a few months ago. Lets hope the Navy is more civilized.

Every base I have lived on has been pretty good. Besides, I know my car will be a lot more secure in any base parking lot than the ghetto apartments I'm living at now. :D

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Your cars will be fine, just make sure to lock them.

And just seconding what Tom said, you will want to stay in this class so be in shape.

MasterBates

Since LoadToad is in primary, that may be safe.. He's probably just curious.

Unless you fvcked away you C4390 SO BAD you got sent back to OCS (was threatened by my onwing, as a punishment if I made him look like a fool)

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Since LoadToad is in primary, that may be safe.. He's probably just curious.

Unless you fvcked away you C4390 SO BAD you got sent back to OCS (was threatened by my onwing, as a punishment if I made him look like a fool)

Yup just curious. Have friend going then. If it is who I think it is God help them...

Reactions: MJW

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
I have to buy some chains for my car real soon. Its going to be ugly going through the mountain passes. It doesn't help that I'm making the trip in a Camaro Z28, 330 HP. Luckily I'm a good driver and can drive in those conditions. I'm giving myself 9 days to get across country just in case I have to deal with closed mountain passes or other unforseen difficulties.