• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

Niko

Your frustration is understandable. I was shocked when after 5 months they asked me for the same thing, and I've held a national security position for over 2 years. Had memoes to prove I've renounced the other citizenship many years ago. They were equally confused when OPM refused to do another investigation on someone who has an active clearance with no deragatories. I've even had to pull the regulation, highlight the pertinent part, and email it to processor and show him/her how to pull that information as per Navy regulation. And even then it took several days for them to find someone with access to that particular system. It was quite frustrating, but this is something that does happen from time to time. They are busy, they have to keep up with recruiting requirements, command requirements, command visits, social events and mandatory quarterly/ yearly training. They also have many candidates, and are often getinng trained and learning as they go. Remember most of the time they are just following standard operating procedures... And please do remember some of them are really motivated and good with understanding bureaucratic hurdles, others are just not as good with pushing paper, inquiring, and fighting for candidates, or just not that motivated and want to go back to fleet ASAP * NCs excluded of course...

Last edited:

goldmanharry91

Your frustration is understandable. I was shocked when after 5 months they asked me for the same thing, and I've held a national security position for over 2 years. Had memoes to prove I've renounced the other citizenship many years ago. They were equally confused when OPM refused to do another investigation on someone who has an active clearance with no deragatories. I've even had to pull the regulation, highlight the pertinent part, and email it to processor and show him/her how to pull that information as per Navy regulation. And even then it took several days for them to find someone with access to that particular system. It was quite frustrating, but this is something that does happen from time to time. They are busy, they have to keep up with recruiting requirements, command requirements, command visits, social events and mandatory quarterly/ yearly training. They also have many candidates, and are often getinng trained and learning as they go. Remember most of the time they are just following standard operating procedures... And please do remember some of them are really motivated and good with understanding bureaucratic hurdles, others are just not as good with pushing paper, inquiring, and fighting for candidates, or just not that motivated and want to go back to fleet ASAP * NCs excluded of course...

Agreed

Andrew3376

I thought there was a pattern as well, especially since my new recruiter said the hold up is mainly due to travel expenses. I figured the farther you are from OCS, the more it would cost to get you over there.

I thought there was a pattern as well, especially since my new recruiter said the hold up is mainly due to travel expenses. I figured the farther you are from OCS, the more it would cost to get you over there.
Interesting theory. I'm in Southern California... About as far as you can get from ocs

Andrew3376

This thread is the only thing that's keeping me sane at the moment. I get a huge surge of motivation to push through my workouts and runs when I see final select letters getting cranked out, followed by a couple days of having zero motivation when I don't get a call...

Niko

I go through periods of ups and downs... but as of late I am trying not to let it get to me. I am focused on things I can control and hope they will get back to us, at least, by the end of the year. Every timeline I was given has been busted which is not something recruiters can control. They are at the mercy of program managers and NRC...

If you're feeling stressed out about our unreasonably long wait, don't be like me and creep on the Nov 13 class group.

Someone there checked in from the August supply board.

Yep. August.