• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

Niko

Well that's encouraging... I bet there is a person sitting in an office somewhere in NRC, and just laughing over our anticipation... lol

goldmanharry91

Funny thing, I actually tried calling the phone number listed for OCS on the NRC website. It's not assigned to anyone. Goddamnit NRC deliberately wants to fuck with us!

Niko

It is a very centralized process and the information doesn't flow freely to everyone, and this is set-up deliberately... The unfortunate side effect is the inefficiency at which personnel actions move. Additionally if your case contains even a slight deviation from the volume of applicants they have, you are probably sent to the bottom if the pile, it's simply easier that way for them to deal with a large volume of personnel.

exNavyOffRec

Funny thing, I actually tried calling the phone number listed for OCS on the NRC website. It's not assigned to anyone. Goddamnit NRC deliberately wants to fuck with us!

If you are non prior you are supposed to go through your NRD, if you call NRC what has happened before is the NRC processor tells the director, the director then calls the CO of the NRD, and shit rolls downhill from there with the result being a question being posed something like this "LT/Chief explain to me why your candidate is calling NRC and not you or the processor" that phone call is a quick way to get noticed and not in a good way.

goldmanharry91

Yeah....that sounds like my application alright.
If you are non prior you are supposed to go through your NRD, if you call NRC what has happened before is the NRC processor tells the director, the director then calls the CO of the NRD, and shit rolls downhill from there with the result being a question being posed something like this "LT/Chief explain to me why your candidate is calling NRC and not you or the processor" that phone call is a quick way to get noticed and not in a good way.

You have just made me very glad that I never reached someone. The problem is that my recruiter doesn't seem to feel like he should push NRC or NRD on my behalf. If I my recruiter doesn't respond I don't have anyone else to talk to. None of the other extensions in my NORS works. Literally. I've called every single one.

Niko

Also please don't write to your congressman. No one wants a congressional inquiry... that is a bad day for everyone, and that will surely earn you a special spotlight for the forseable future. You will learn quickly that military cares about going through your command chain a great deal. I work at a small place where that doesn't matter, but I've witnessed O2's getting chewed out for not properly respecting E9s. Don't be that guy... just a peice of advice. I honestly don't blame you for calling up, especially if your recruiters are not communicating with you. But some patience is crucial in service... and this comes from a dude who is all about instant gratification.

goldmanharry91

I'm not usually one to go above my superior because I want an answer. In this case I'm just a combination of frustrated at a lack of communication perceived enthusiasm from my recruiter to help get me to my end goal when everyone else seems to be getting answers. This whole citizenship thing came out of nowhere. It should have been handled. Why did it have to come up now, right when I am expecting to get going. It doesn't make any sense unless NRC just dislikes me for some reason.