• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

Niko

I won't settle for less than that haha But thanks!

And suddenly I now wish I had run more...
It's not too late man. Just go run three days a week until you ship out... try to get in three miles at a time just for the consistency and preparation sake.

aznp_21

It's not too late man. Just go run three days a week until you ship out... try to get in three miles at a time just for the consistency and preparation sake.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Im sure I'll be fine, running now will be more to calm some nerves. I guess now that I'm less than two weeks away, and I finally have a date, it's all sinking in.

Niko

I was in a command meeting yesterday, and I was listed as a known loss with <30 days left in the organization. There was an audible laugh coming from me, as much as I want that to be the case, it is not a realistic estimate, but hey at least I don't stress about the wait anymore, I guess it was all about finding focus. I still wanna leave sooner rather than later...

Niko

So many Navy jokes on the daily... I started ignoring it... everyone thought I was gonna be gone in the summer...

Niko

Well I was frustrated at first, it didn't make sense to me or to my recruiters why I am a till waiting, but then I realized that I was just hurting myself by stressing out over the things I can't change... so now I focus on things I do control, and try my best to influence those parts of my life.

Of course it still doesn't help that no one really has an answer when the FINSEL will be here or when is the projected OCS date. I've actually heard more "I don't know"s in the last 6 months than in my entire military career...

Which is why I am focusing on transitioning out of service, just in case "I don't know"s continue indefenetly... that's not what I want to do, but hey it is only prudent to have backup plans in case the first one doesn't work out...

Niko

Really, there is no telling when. They don't have to send you before the next SWO board convenes. You might be even looking st next calendar year, or you might go in November. Who knows....