• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

Niko

So as myself and other ladies and gentlemen await their orders I'll be posting something on here daily to keep me engaged, and something I can use a distraction. Maybe a workout plan followed up with a random picture of a place where I run/swim etc. I feel this is a productive way to chancel anticipation...

So today I am off to swim during lunch time... 4x500 70% freestyle with 10 minute water treading (no hands). . .

Niko

image.jpeg "Beautiful" soviet style building housing a swimming pool. That was a good workout after all...

Andrew3376

So as myself and other ladies and gentlemen await their orders I'll be posting something on here daily to keep me engaged, and something I can use a distraction. Maybe a workout plan followed up with a random picture of a place where I run/swim etc. I feel this is a productive way to chancel anticipation...

So today I am off to swim during lunch time... 4x500 70% freestyle with 10 minute water treading (no hands). . .
Sounds like a good idea to pass time. If anything it can help people who have plateaued get some ideas for new workouts. Today I kept it simple and ran a mile for max time, followed by 3 sets of max push-ups and curl-ups (1 minute rest). Will more than likely go to the gym tonight for a full body circuit exercise.

goldmanharry91

I think everyone will be amused by this.

My recruiter texts me this afternoon asking if I'm a dual citizen. I answer no. He asks if my parents were born in the US. I say no, my mom was born in Mexico to American parents but rescinded citizenship when she was a teenager. I ask what the problem is. My recruiter says "they" (I'm assuming this means big Navy) have asked me to renounce my non-existent Mexican citizenship. I ask if this is the hold up for my FINSEL. He answers with a big fat YES.

Thanks Navy. Took you long enough to read the SF86!

EDIT: So now I have to go to the Mexican consulate and renounce citizenship? Not sure how I'm going to explain this to them. "Hi, I need to renounce citizenship although I've never actually been a Mexican citizen before."

Last edited:

Niko

I think everyone will be amused by this.

My recruiter texts me this afternoon asking if I'm a dual citizen. I answer no. He asks if my parents were born in the US. I say no, my mom was born in Mexico to American parents but rescinded citizenship when she was a teenager. I ask what the problem is. My recruiter says "they" (I'm assuming this means big Navy) have asked me to renounce my non-existent Mexican citizenship. I ask if this is the hold up for my FINSEL. He answers with a big fat YES.

Thanks Navy. Took you long enough to read the SF86!

EDIT: So now I have to go to the Mexican consulate and renounce citizenship? Not sure how I'm going to explain this to them. "Hi, I need to renounce citizenship although I've never actually been a Mexican citizen before."

Talk to your recruiter, this is not how you renounce your Mexican citizenship at all. . . Trust me I had the same issue, and it was weird since I am in DoD already and have done this several times now. Get used to it, they will ask you to do this several times...

goldmanharry91

Talk to your recruiter, this is not how you renounce your Mexican citizenship at all. . . Trust me I had the same issue, and it was weird since I am in DoD already and have done this several times now. Get used to it, they will ask you to do this several times...

Ok so that was me being flamboyant.

I have to send an letter in the mail renouncing the citizenship. Then I have to sign it and send it back to my recruiter with the receipt that it's been mailed to the Mexican Consulate. I am also going to go to the Consulate in Boston tomorrow to get another letter approved and sealed by the Mexican Consulate.

Pichardo

Tribilin
Ok so that was me being flamboyant.

I have to send an letter in the mail renouncing the citizenship. Then I have to sign it and send it back to my recruiter with the receipt that it's been mailed to the Mexican Consulate. I am also going to go to the Consulate in Boston tomorrow to get another letter approved and sealed by the Mexican Consulate.

Hmm, I was advised to write and send a letter to the consulate renouncing my “citizenship”, and then provide the processor a copy of the receipt showing it was mailed, but they never ask for something in return from the consulate…

exNavyOffRec

each country has different rules for renouncing citizenship, some are easier than others, some once you renounce consider you a traitor and can arrest you if you return to the country.

exNavyOffRec

DoD has a very clear regulation on how to renounce your citizenship which all services must follow. . . Foreign consulates are not involved at all in this process. . .

There is a book that NRC has and it is about 2 inches thick with every country and it list for each country what they require, some are as simple as a letter being mailed with proof it was mailed, others are more labor intensive. It is just not about DOD regulations but also about ensuring the foreign country has what they need to ensure no future issues, and yes consulates can be involved, one of our candidates per the big thick book had to travel to San Francisco to turn in his foreign passport at the consulate and have proof of such before NRC would process his paperwork for his final select letter.

Niko

Oh I fully understand what NRC is doing and their guidelines, but that doesn't mean that they are doing it right. . . Devil is in the details so I'll leave it at that. . .

exNavyOffRec

Oh I fully understand what NRC is doing and their guidelines, but that doesn't mean that they are doing it right. . . Devil is in the details so I'll leave it at that. . .

remember NRC is doing it that way because OPM wants it that way for the clearance, this is one of those things that doesn't get pinned on NRC, DOD may have more lax rules but OPM is the one that makes the final call.

Since OPM is the one that grants clearances everyone should follow what they want.