• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

onlycraigdarlin

pilot
If it makes you feel any better, I made the same mistake. But consistency is key. Slowly but surely you'll get those legs conditioned. I've never been a long distance person, but I've been able to slowly but surely creep my distance up.

Not that it helps with leg strength directly but I've been doing laps in the pool every other day and after two weeks I can already feel the spike in my cardio and my core strength. It's a great way to ease yourself into things while still making good progress. Also for us future Naval Aviators, the more time we spend in the water before API, the better.

Hobblehob

I hope I'm not the only person with a serious case of FINSEL envy right now. Seeing all the SNA/NFO's from May/July boards get their FINSELs is having a detrimental effect on my patience right now.
I was just thinking the same. Its brutal indeed. I guess swo is on the back burner? I'm getting close to a year since I turned in my application.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I was just thinking the same. Its brutal indeed. I guess swo is on the back burner? I'm getting close to a year since I turned in my application.

Just comes down to different manning requirements. The Navy is in dire need of pilots now since so many are making the jump to the Show. SWO is also overmanned as it is plus it is where many NAMI whammy/flight school attrites end up.

OCS is supposed to make up for manning requirements not fulfilled by the Academy and NROTC (since they have guaranteed commissions). In years where there's a significant shortfall, the OCS tap is wide open. But in other times it can slow to a trickle. It was only a few years ago where Pilot/NFO boards had a 20% acceptance and a many month wait to get to OCS like SWOs do now.

goldmanUSN

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when we should expect to start seeing direct deposit coming in if we are non-prior? Just trying to square all the financial stuff within the next month before I leave.

Briana

I'll post my stats followed by my question.

STG2(SW/AW)
-3 years enlisted thus far, 25 yrs old, female
-BS in pre-law, GPA 3.4
-OAR: 51
-obtained PQ for commisioning
-received PROREC Y 14APR16, SWO designator
-first OCS package
-currently deployed

Hope that helps anyone who was curious/wanted to compare. My question to any of the Officer recruiters out there: when should I expect a final select letter assuming all goes well? as you can see, I've been in the waiting game for 5 months now, and I also don't have a recruiter to answer these types of questions. I don't have any idea as to how the process works, and neither does anyone else on this ship. Thanks in advance to any comments or answers. Good luck to all out there!

Billy Vegas

No doubt about it, all of us SNA applicants are the benifeciaries of America's airline pilot shortage.

cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg