• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

Niko

I feel bad for my OR, I call him once a week. I know I have no control over the process and constant calling will do nothing to speed up the FINSEL, but this way at least I feel like I am doing something and staying engaged. It is puzzling why some people are getting their orders and others are not. . .

Squirrel Girl

So. I'm back in purgatory because someone dropped the ball somewhere (not my recruiter). I got to be the witness signature for someone else yesterday though, pretty awesome. I'll take the extra weeks to run... tried a practice run and learned the hard way that treadmills, bikes, and rowing do not and cannot take the p

goldmanharry91

So. I'm back in purgatory because someone dropped the ball somewhere (not my recruiter). I got to be the witness signature for someone else yesterday though, pretty awesome. I'll take the extra weeks to run... tried a practice run and learned the hard way that treadmills, bikes, and rowing do not and cannot take the p

When you said you were checking out I was really surprised how early it was in comparison to everyone else here. And yeah.....you may have developed your engine but you need to get those running legs back.

Squirrel Girl

When you said you were checking out I was really surprised how early it was in comparison to everyone else here. And yeah.....you may have developed your engine but you need to get those running legs back.

My finsel was apperently sitting in alphabetical order ready to go, and was next in the pile by 1 or 2 people. Or that's what was relayed to me.

exNavyOffRec

My finsel was apperently sitting in alphabetical order ready to go, and was next in the pile by 1 or 2 people. Or that's what was relayed to me.

They don't go by alphabetical order if that was the case those with last names at the end of the alphabet would be last, it is buy date available, follow on class availability, age issues, etc.

goldmanUSN

If it makes you feel any better, I made the same mistake. But consistency is key. Slowly but surely you'll get those legs conditioned. I've never been a long distance person, but I've been able to slowly but surely creep my distance up.

CellShock

No hurt in touching base. My recruiter said he expects a ship date around Oct and that the only other swo from my NRD that was picked up in April is also still waiting. He said the girl who was picked up at the board prior to ours in my NRD is in the 9/11 class.

goldmanUSN

I envy those of you who have always been distance runners. I've always been a sprinter so the progression of changing that has been an interesting journey.

CellShock

For those that still wait, it's now been more than 4 months and the wait has not gotten any easier. It's still every day, multiple times/day I think about this opportunity. Doing my best to be patient but getting something in writing SOON would be nice. I've always been the proactive type and sitting and waiting is something I'm still getting use to. Good practice for later I suppose. I sincerely hope the wait is not much longer for us. At least I'm in good company.

goldmanharry91

Adding to my fucking nightmare situation the contractor that hired me back in March wants me to start training even though I'll be leaving for the Navy right when I potentially will start working. 6 week training course beginning the second week of September. They'll only let me off with official orders. Always thought I would have my orders by now and wouldn't have to bother working for them (as I never intended on it as in March I had a strong feeling that I would get selected and this would be moot). FML. Now to add to this my recruiter is on leave until Sept. 9 meaning if orders start coming in, I won't know until I'll have already started.