• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

Hobblehob

Max out the push-ups and sit-ups but my run sucks. Working to get the run up to snuff. Other then that just waiting for the news and sweating out the 105 degree days with a broken AC unit lol.

goldmanharry91

I've just been weightlifting and CrossFit. Haven't even tried to do a proper PT test yet. When I get my class date I'll start doing more specific prep work. My boss at the CrossFit gym I work at is a 0-3 in the Marine Corp so I'll get some tips and tricks from him.

Hobblehob

Ya I do a mix of strongman and bodybuilding. It's an odd mix but I enjoy it and have made some great progress. I'm 220 at the moment so I need to probably lose some muscle mass before OCS :(

goldmanharry91

Yeah I weigh 155. I probably could use a few pounds more on my frame haha. When I say weightlifting I mean Olympic Weightlifting.

goldmanUSN

Ya I do a mix of strongman and bodybuilding. It's an odd mix but I enjoy it and have made some great progress. I'm 220 at the moment so I need to probably lose some muscle mass before OCS :(

My personal opinion here, but don't worry so much about losing muscle mass. Remember, if you're considered overweight for your height they will tape you out to check your BMI. It's better to be "overweight" but it's because you have muscle mass than to sacrifice muscle mass and strength to make weight. I'm at 228, but I tape out under the limit because of my muscle mass.

But on another note, I'm ready to finally get back after it. The past three to four months I've had to work over 90 hours a week at times and had to travel often, so trying to fit workouts in there has been a challenge. I'm finally done with that and I've been able to put a lot more focus on my fitness. I'm just worried it's going to end up being too little, too late.

goldmanharry91

Another day, another non response from my recruiter. Still no date in the system. If we are all hearing October, that has to mean we should be getting our official class dates soon. He said budget is the reason why we still haven't heard. He even said that I might hear about my date in October. That would really suck.

Checked CANTRACs (Catalog of Navy Training Courses) and I said I would post dates so here they are through the end of the calendar year:
Sep 11th
Oct 2nd
Oct 23rd
Nov 13th
Dec 4th
Happy Waiting to all!!!

TENNESSEE13

I don't know what is worse, the anxiety or having three or four people a day say to me "when do you leave", "did you get your orders yet", "I thought you were gonna be an officer or something". Ahh, the joys of working on an aircraft carrier in a department with about 300 people. Looking forward to meeting some of you folks and seeing the surface side of the house.

LOL, same here. I work with about 300 CT's and I get the same questions on a regular. @least I have the Olympics to occupy my time. Ive never said this but hopefully I miss the football season this year also.

VWXThrasher378

Checked CANTRACs (Catalog of Navy Training Courses) and I said I would post dates so here they are through the end of the calendar year:
Sep 11th
Oct 2nd
Oct 23rd
Nov 13th
Dec 4th
Happy Waiting to all!!!

Sweet, very useful information. Thanks for posting.

Wonder which SWOs will get the Nov or Dec dates. My OR says they usually like to fill all OCS classes with a little of each designation. However, we are the only SWO board people left without an OCS date (UNless you count this upcoming board in October, which I am assuming will not receive their OCS dates two months after getting Pro-Rec'd). Thinking this means some (unlucky) people will be assigned the later Nov and Dec dates. Food for thought my friends