• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

Starsfan93

pilot
If my math is right, there should be two classes in October. One starting on the 9th and one on the 30th. The next one after that would be the 20th of November but I could be wrong because its so close to Thanksgiving.

I think you're a week late. I have the ocs dates in October on the 2nd and 23rd. In November the date would be the 13th, but I could be wrong.

Andrew3376

Two-a-days officially started for me today! Really hoping to get either the September 11 or the two classes in October.

goldmanUSN

Talked with my recruiter today, due to the end of the fiscal year and there not being any money as a result, he strongly felt it was more likely for us having a date in October and/or receiving our dates in October.

VWXThrasher378

Talked with my recruiter today, due to the end of the fiscal year and there not being any money as a result, he strongly felt it was more likely for us having a date in October and/or receiving our dates in October.

Did he mean receiving a FINSEL the same month as the OCS date? Or receiving a FINSEL in October for an OCS date at a later time? Oddly enough, both these scenarios suck

goldmanUSN

They give you a month to two months notice of your date. So the likelihood of getting the FINSEL and date both in October is extremely unlikely. I'm just not looking forward to the potential of PT at 0500 in Newport during the winter, but beggars can't be choosers, all part of the job.

CellShock

They give you a month to two months notice of your date. So the likelihood of getting the FINSEL and date both in October is extremely unlikely. I'm just not looking forward to the potential of PT at 0500 in Newport during the winter, but beggars can't be choosers, all part of the job.
Pretty sure PT during winter is done in the gym, but that's not to say nothing will be done outside. Also, seen some recent selects get finsel and ocs date w/in the same month, but I agree it's unlikely. On the bright side, we'd all be starting the new year off right with being newly commissioned Ensigns.

goldmanharry91

Pretty sure PT during winter is done in the gym, but that's not to say nothing will be done outside. Also, seen some recent selects get finsel and ocs date w/in the same month, but I agree it's unlikely. On the bright side, we'd all be starting the new year off right with being newly commissioned Ensigns.

@shoff got his FINSEL the week before he left but he had his Class Date like 2ish months before. He won't see this post though. Lucky bastard classed up Sunday.

exNavyOffRec

OCS happens every 3 weeks, it has nothing to do with funding, when they sent civilians home on furlough people still went to OCS,