• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

goldmanharry91

My best guess (I'm not an insider), based on the 33% and 39% acceptance rates of the last two boards and the fact that there's a moratorium on SWO applications this year until October, is that the SWO pipeline is pretty full and increasingly competitive.

One of the recruiters here mentioned that OCS SWO Selects was way over their selection quota for this FY. Could be a carryover from last year. Last year there was 4 boards and only 2 this year.

goldmanUSN

If I had a dollar for every time I was asked when I was leaving for OCS, I would not have to be working full time. My own dad will ask me several times a week if I had heard anything back yet on when I was leaving, my response to him every time is "If I had heard anything, you would have known shortly after." And so we continue to wait, even if it ends up being the death of us all.

VWXThrasher378

Yeah the back up appears to be hitting the SWO community pretty bad.

December SWOs just recently rec'vd their FINSELs (6 month wait). This in stark contrast with other designations that have reported receiving their FINSELs two to three months after their respective boards.

SWOMan

Definitely still backed up beyond 2 months for other communities. Still guys from pilot board goinf into month 6 with no idea yet

goldmanUSN

I'm constantly being asked by my bosses if there is anymore information. They're being incredibly flexible with me and have been great through this whole process. The whole deal just feels like I'm balancing on the edge of a cliff and waiting for the person holding me up by the shirt to let go. On the plus side, more time for fitness and studying, and more time to spend with family and significant others.

SWOMan

I'm constantly being asked by my bosses if there is anymore information. They're being incredibly flexible with me and have been great through this whole process. The whole deal just feels like I'm balancing on the edge of a cliff and waiting for the person holding me up by the shirt to let go. On the plus side, more time for fitness and studying, and more time to spend with family and significant others.
I know that feeling. Job held onto me long past my due date once they found out. Then used a downsizing opportunity to let me go once they got my background check. Is it awkward? Like an unspoken thing in the office?

Hobblehob

I was just downsized from my job as well since they knew I am process for OCS. My lease ran out and I couldn't renew due to the uncertainty of my future. So now I'm unemployed and living with my parents. I fell like such a loser lol. Oh well the wait continues.

goldmanharry91

I was just downsized from my job as well since they knew I am process for OCS. My lease ran out and I couldn't renew due to the uncertainty of my future. So now I'm unemployed and living with my parents. I fell like such a loser lol. Oh well the wait continues.

Welcome to my life since December. Other than the fact I've been living with my parent's since I graduated. Living in unaffordable locales makes it smart.

We are all date-less losers. We should start a service to get ourselves dates.........and girlfriends haha.

goldmanharry91

I know that feeling. Job held onto me long past my due date once they found out. Then used a downsizing opportunity to let me go once they got my background check. Is it awkward? Like an unspoken thing in the office?

I think you should change your username because its deceptive.

goldmanUSN

I'm lucky in the aspect that I've put myself in a position with work that they can't afford to lose me. Been working my way towards that goal for a while. So even if they did want to cut me, they would put themselves in a really bad decision if they did. But they've been great and I'm very grateful for that. I do have to move back in with my parents however, due to the same issue of my lease expiring in two weeks and be uncertain when it is that I'll be leaving. So it's back to the Kansas City area I go, downside is now I have to do a two and a half hour roundtrip commute from the KC metro to Lawrence every day. My drive to work currently is about ten minutes, so that's kind of a bummer.

VWXThrasher378

Bummer to read about all the employment issues. But, there is strength in solidarity if that is any consolation

However, considering the recent trends in SWO FINSELs, an October OCS date will be in the future for a good proportion of people. I haven't found any other evidence to suggest an earlier OCS date, but if you guys find any - please share

exNavyOffRec

If you had added that you were spending your days playing Pokemon go that would be so much worse for you.....

goldmanUSN

Out of pure curiosity, does anyone know of when the rough OCS date would be for those who potentially don't go to the October date?

goldmanharry91

If my math is right, there should be two classes in October. One starting on the 9th and one on the 30th. The next one after that would be the 20th of November but I could be wrong because its so close to Thanksgiving.