• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

Talked to the processor a few weeks ago, he said that class dates were full throughout July so i can expect a class date somewhere between August - October with orders 1-2 months in advance. I'm prior and age critical and haven't received them yet so don't fret. With that being said and a little trend analysis I see final selects starting to come within the next 2-4 weeks for us...or whenever they decide to class up SWOs. A little more patience... Just a little more time to study and get in shape. I'm just fortunate for the opportunity. It still feels unreal.

VWXThrasher378

Talked to the processor a few weeks ago, he said that class dates were full throughout July so i can expect a class date somewhere between August - October with orders 1-2 months in advance. I'm prior and age critical and haven't received them yet so don't fret. With that being said and a little trend analysis I see final selects starting to come within the next 2-4 weeks for us...or whenever they decide to class up SWOs. A little more patience... Just a little more time to study and get in shape. I'm just fortunate for the opportunity. It still feels unreal.

Thanks for sharing that info man. A few other plp have mentioned similar conversations with their ORs...so its nice to have more corroborative information.

Having some sense of the OCS timeline is kinda nice. Helps with planning and setting goals (ie fitness, studying, financial, apartment leases)

goldmanUSN

You mentioned studying. My recruiter hasn't mentioned anything to me about study material. I definitely want to get on that if there is material we need to be studying so we're properly prepared. What is the study material you're talking about?

CellShock

What robav8r said...sorta...

Said another way...everything you need to know before reporting to OCS...you already know. What you don't yet know, but need to know in order to get commissioned, they will teach you. What you bring to the table...an ability to LEARN, and the fact that (by your own description) you're "in great physical shape"...will serve you well. Don't sweat "studying some just-in-time gobbledegook". Whatever you think might be important will inevitably be wrong. Just prepare your heart, mind and soul for this way of life. That's all. Welcome. :)

Saw this on one of the threads under Questions about becoming a Navy Officer and thought it applicable. I especially like the last part.

Thanks for sharing that info man. A few other plp have mentioned similar conversations with their ORs...so its nice to have more corroborative information.

Having some sense of the OCS timeline is kinda nice. Helps with planning and setting goals (ie fitness, studying, financial, apartment leases)
No problem, I wont post anything that I assume, only what I hear from a reliable source (NPC). I used to check AW everyday now I check twice a week. Just waiting on the day I show up to work and see orders in message traffic or my CO/XO handing me a final selection letter. Until then life continues as normal.

SWOMan

just got told today still no update on my final select.... and that he had a handful of other candidates still waiting to hear any word. Fun stuff, the wait continues.

goldmanUSN

My boss at with the bank work for served several years with the army. I think his description of what military service is pretty funny and relevant to our situation. He told me most of you military career you'll be waiting on phone calls. One phone call will tell you to go stand over here for a moment and they'll call you when they need something else. Then they'll finally call you back and tell you to go stand over there; they'll call you when they need you again. In summary, all your career will be will be waiting on phone calls, then hurrying to this new place to just then wait on another phone call.

That being said, I'm going to enjoy my five day weekend.

Hooyah.

My boss at with the bank work for served several years with the army. I think his description of what military service is pretty funny and relevant to our situation. He told me most of you military career you'll be waiting on phone calls. One phone call will tell you to go stand over here for a moment and they'll call you when they need something else. Then they'll finally call you back and tell you to go stand over there; they'll call you when they need you again. In summary, all your career will be will be waiting on phone calls, then hurrying to this new place to just then wait on another phone call.

That being said, I'm going to enjoy my five day weekend.

Hooyah.
The good ole' hurry up and wait game.
I'm age critical and prior and there seems to be no rush so I'm just waiting it out. I don't think any SWOs are classing up atm.

tigerz

I posted this about two weeks ago in the Purgatory thread, thought I would post it here just in case some of you haven't been monitoring it.

I got in the Dec '15 SWO Board but I've known for a while (about 3 months) that I'm "tentatively" scheduled for July 31st. Still no FINSEL yet, but I'll post again (in the purgatory thread) when I get the news.

My best guess (I'm not an insider), based on the 33% and 39% acceptance rates of the last two boards and the fact that there's a moratorium on SWO applications this year until October, is that the SWO pipeline is pretty full and increasingly competitive.