• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

Niko

I do want to get selected and become a naval officer, but I would like to know as soon as possible, good news or bad news so I can start planing out my life... I like to set goals for myself, and work on achieving them, but that is difficult to do at the moment as I don't know here I will be in the next 6 months...

goldmanharry91

A thing to keep in mind is that this is the first time SWO JOs are more involved with the board. This means that the historic release time lines might not be accurate, or they might be the same. If I learned one thing in the military it is that timelines are just guidelines and they are never set in stone. I work for a command which has tiny units, and everything gets resolved rather quickly, which is why this wait is killing me, not completely accustomed to it.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

jenn_cjsk

I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate event buddy, glad you are OK, and that the injuries are not significant. All we can do now is wait to hear back from the board. A thing to keep in mind is that this is the first time SWO JOs are more involved with the board. This means that the historic release time lines might not be accurate, or they might be the same. If I learned one thing in the military it is that timelines are just guidelines and they are never set in stone. I work for a command which has tiny units, and everything gets resolved rather quickly, which is why this wait is killing me, not completely accustomed to it.

Do you think the SWO JOs being involved would make it take longer? Since it is the first time wouldn't a regular board have been involved to help/train? Or perhaps that is just my wishful thinking! Haha

Shantyman7

Being stuck in limbo is one of the worst feelings. Its hard to plan anything at this point because you just don't know what could happen or when.

TENNESSEE13

SWOs being involved shouldn't change the timeline by much, just the makeup of the board. It's still the same process. The list of selects is probably on someone's desk as they input it into the appropriate computer programs and as soon as they are finished we'll start getting the results. The waiting game rolls on.