• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

goldmanUSN

So if any of you are like me, you have been really jumpy the past 24 hours whenever your phone rings. I figured I'd share a story with all of you to provide a laugh to ease some of the tension. Yesterday I was at work and I had a customer at my desk to review a fraud issue on their account. At one point as this individual is realizing how bad this fraud case really is my phone rings. It's a number I did not recognize but it said it was from Leavenworth, Kansas; I live in Lawrence, Kansas. I was unable to answer the phone since I was with a customer, but when I saw that number my heart rate shot through the roof. As we all know, the sooner you get the phone call the more likely the news you will receive will be good. I thought it was odd I would be getting a phone call from that area since 1) I have my recruiters number saved and 2) my recruiter is based in Kansas City, Missouri at the Naval building there. But Leavenworth has a major base there so I figured maybe he was in that area. Once the customer had left my desk, I stepped away to return the phone call from the unknown number. I'm standing at the landing on the stairs down to the break room literally sweating and my heart feeling like its about to explode from my chest as I'm calling this number. It rings once, picks up, AND IS A ROBO CALL NUMBER FOR A CREDIT CARD COMPANY. You can all understand my annoyance and frustration from here. My boss later tells me he could hear me yelling expletives in his office in the bank while I was in the basement of my building. I figured y'all would like that.

Hang tight, ladies and gents. We're in the home stretch.

TENNESSEE13

Well, I figure nobody is working past five to update results. I don't have results in Bupers, and nobody has said anything on here, so it looks like the wait continues on.

CellShock

It's that phone call that could change your life.
"literally sweating and my heart feeling like its about to explode from my chest" - All too real

goldmanharry91

I blame terrible Michigan weather. Black ice and 2 inches of snow. Of course I had to be the one to plow a car into the back of a commercial truck and be lucky enough to walk out unharmed other than having no voice and obliterating my CNS. Even though I had the shit luck to get in an accident there was so much more good luck on my side.

Niko

I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate event buddy, glad you are OK, and that the injuries are not significant. All we can do now is wait to hear back from the board. A thing to keep in mind is that this is the first time SWO JOs are more involved with the board. This means that the historic release time lines might not be accurate, or they might be the same. If I learned one thing in the military it is that timelines are just guidelines and they are never set in stone. I work for a command which has tiny units, and everything gets resolved rather quickly, which is why this wait is killing me, not completely accustomed to it.