• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
SWO board expected to take place in March. No exact date just "March". This came from a chat session with PERS-41 (SWO community) and NOT Navy Recruiting Command so your recruiter might not have information passed down yet. Be patient.

Also, the SWO community has begun to get more involved in these boards. They are sitting on these boards; the SWO community wants to select its own members. More guidance will be put out shortly as to what they're looking for. For now, OAR score and GPA are the biggest factors.

SWOMan

Thanks for the update Rufio. Who was sitting on the board for SWO selection before if they weren't involved previously? Could this make slots more competitive?

exNavyOffRec

SWO board expected to take place in March. No exact date just "March". This came from a chat session with PERS-41 (SWO community) and NOT Navy Recruiting Command so your recruiter might not have information passed down yet. Be patient.

Also, the SWO community has begun to get more involved in these boards. They are sitting on these boards; the SWO community wants to select its own members. More guidance will be put out shortly as to what they're looking for. For now, OAR score and GPA are the biggest factors.

In the past they also would have a SWO on the board, wasn't consistent, often just a SWO that was working at NRC, I would venture the initial cutdown will still by by GPA/degree, then maybe dig more into comm serv, LOR, etc. It was kind of like that several years ago though.

jenn_cjsk

I apologize if this has already been answered! I am hoping for a little clarification. I have chosen SWO as my 1st choice, supply as my 2nd and intel as my 3rd. If the Supply & Intel boards convene before the SWO board, will my application package be reviewed? Or will I have to wait for the following boards?

exNavyOffRec

I apologize if this has already been answered! I am hoping for a little clarification. I have chosen SWO as my 1st choice, supply as my 2nd and intel as my 3rd. If the Supply & Intel boards convene before the SWO board, will my application package be reviewed? Or will I have to wait for the following boards?

The short answer is yes, but I haven't seen Intel pick anyone who listed them 3rd, they are very competitive and don't need to, unfortunately SWO and Supply are the same way, the nice thing as long as you have a high GPA you should have a chance at Supply and an above average GPA should give you a good chance at SWO

jenn_cjsk

The short answer is yes, but I haven't seen Intel pick anyone who listed them 3rd, they are very competitive and don't need to, unfortunately SWO and Supply are the same way, the nice thing as long as you have a high GPA you should have a chance at Supply and an above average GPA should give you a good chance at SWO
Thank you! My GPA was 3.66 so hopefully that will be enough!

mull8337

Checking in for board. Does anyone know when it'll meet again yet?
23/f
Degree: University of St. Thomas, BS Mechanical Engineering
2.89 GPA
59 OAR (first attempt)
3 LOR all previous supervisors (all engineers)

Seems like there aren't many engineers, is there an upper hand to having an engineering degree?

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Yes. Those are 3 different boards. If you are selected for a 2nd or 3rd choice prior to your 1st choice board convening, it'll hang there until you get a shot at your #1 choice.

SWOMan

Can't you write some note, and continue processing with your second or 3rd choice If you decide to?

amdgarrett

Checking in for the March Intel/SWO board.

26/M
Police Officer in Texas
B.A. History & Theology (3.25 GPA)
55 OAR
4 LOR (2 Sgts from work, 1 police officer from who is a 2LT in ANG, 1 retired O-4 who is current county judge)

TENNESSEE13

I am applying for SWO OCS. Currently stationed on the USS Nimitz. 29 years old. 10 years of service. Last three Evals are P, MP, and EP. The first eval was my first at a very competitive command. BA in religion from American Military University, 3.5 GPA. 24 credits into a MA degree in public policy at Liberty University, 3.3 GPA. 55 on the OAR. CO recommendation from the Captain of the Nimitz. LOR from previous CO. Positive interviews from two O-5s and an O-4. Awards= NAM, MOVSM, two junior sailor of the quarter awards. Should be able to submit my package by February 12th. What do you think my odds are, and will I be in time for this upcoming Board. Thanks for any help!

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
I am applying for SWO OCS. Currently stationed on the USS Nimitz. 29 years old. 10 years of service. Last three Evals are P, MP, and EP. The first eval was my first at a very competitive command. BA in religion from American Military University, 3.5 GPA. 24 credits into a MA degree in public policy at Liberty University, 3.3 GPA. 55 on the OAR. CO recommendation from the Captain of the Nimitz. LOR from previous CO. Positive interviews from two O-5s and an O-4. Awards= NAM, MOVSM, two junior sailor of the quarter awards. Should be able to submit my package by February 12th. What do you think my odds are, and will I be in time for this upcoming Board. Thanks for any help!
In my opinion, you are very competitive. I would be surprised if you don't get selected. Keep pushing on getting it submitted. No cutoff has been put out but it can't be too far in the future. Good luck!