• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

exNavyOffRec

Just add some tips from my recrutier. You may also add 1-2 paragraph about some of your professional understandings of the supply field. Base on your opinion, what academic or social expericence, knowledge, and understanding can help the supply board and the Navy? what is your understanding of leadership? how would you combine them together to help the supply team?
Hope you will be selected in the next board.
If a person is applying to multiple designators talking specifically about 1 will pretty much sink your chances for the others, as a civilian applying the board expects you to have no knowledge about specific jobs but they will expect you to talk about your leadership and other experience

Punos_Rey

Hey guys checking in for this board as well, I missed the dec board due to my paperwork being held in processing so hoping for this one. Question though, anyone have any further info about when this board might be? My recruiter is saying it will actually be mid to late January, but here I'm seeing possibly Feb-March?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey guys checking in for this board as well, I missed the dec board due to my paperwork being held in processing so hoping for this one. Question though, anyone have any further info about when this board might be? My recruiter is saying it will actually be mid to late January, but here I'm seeing possibly Feb-March?

It's a rolling board, see the original post.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
So February 30th is not a hard date for the board?
Feb. 30th. Let that sink in for a moment...that was "Rufio-Humor". There is never a hard set date for SWO or Pilot/NFO. Sometimes the date gets leaked and we get a heads up but like it's been stated forever, these are rolling boards. Last year, we went 6 1/2 months between SWO boards. They happen approximately every three months.

JohnH

I am checking in for this board.
My packet was completed on 22 December. My concern is I may have shot my myself with my Motivational Statement. It was a little bit Intelligence heavy.
I feel my packet is a little weak except for leadership and experience. All I can do is pray at this point and hope either I get selected for SWO or Intel.
Male, 31
Active Duty Army, Intelligence SGT
OAR: 46 (weak I know)
LOR: 1 O-6, 2 O-5s, and the Dean of my School
Degree: BS: Christian Minister
GPA: 3.02

exNavyOffRec

Feb. 30th. Let that sink in for a moment...that was "Rufio-Humor". There is never a hard set date for SWO or Pilot/NFO. Sometimes the date gets leaked and we get a heads up but like it's been stated forever, these are rolling boards. Last year, we went 6 1/2 months between SWO boards. They happen approximately every three months.

It is a leap year :D

exNavyOffRec

I am checking in for this board.
My packet was completed on 22 December. My concern is I may have shot my myself with my Motivational Statement. It was a little bit Intelligence heavy.
I feel my packet is a little weak except for leadership and experience. All I can do is pray at this point and hope either I get selected for SWO or Intel.
Male, 31
Active Duty Army, Intelligence SGT
OAR: 46 (weak I know)
LOR: 1 O-6, 2 O-5s, and the Dean of my School
Degree: BS: Christian Minister
GPA: 3.02

SWO has a commissioned by age of 31, if you are 31 now you are over the limit.

Thomas Lucy

Checking in for the Feb/Mar board.

LTJG USNR (IRR, Strategic Sealift Officer, but have not earned pin)
2013 United States Merchant Marine Academy graduate
Bach. of Science, Marine Transportation
GPA: 2.88
OAR: 52
USCG 3rd Mate Unlimited Gross Tonnage (Oceans) license
2 years sailing as Bridge watch officer in Merchant Fleet
3 ADT's, 3 NOB FITREPs (Ensign Indoc, MARAD, MSCCENT)
LOR mostly Captains, Chief Mates sailed with, 1 current O-2 SWO, 1 current O-4, former SWO

exNavyOffRec

Checking in for the Feb/Mar board.

LTJG USNR (IRR, Strategic Sealift Officer, but have not earned pin)
2013 United States Merchant Marine Academy graduate
Bach. of Science, Marine Transportation
GPA: 2.88
OAR: 52
USCG 3rd Mate Unlimited Gross Tonnage (Oceans) license
2 years sailing as Bridge watch officer in Merchant Fleet
3 ADT's, 3 NOB FITREPs (Ensign Indoc, MARAD, MSCCENT)
LOR mostly Captains, Chief Mates sailed with, 1 current O-2 SWO, 1 current O-4, former SWO

Since you have already been commissioned you should not be going to an OCS board but working with the community manager for a position based on your YG