• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

zack13usa

In the corporate world you are lucky if during the initial screen they take a minute
Well you know I guess you're right..I usually spend 7- 9 seconds per resume when reviewing applications. Sometimes we don't even review, run some software looking for key words and matching experiences

exNavyOffRec

HR usually does most of the work but we've used DaXtra for a while "unofficially" to save some time

Those programs drove many managers I know nuts, so many resume's had the keywords but not the actual background.

Funny you mentioned 7-9 seconds since that is about what I take, probably 5 secs if I can tell right away it is a no go.

goldmanharry91

Checking in for this board. I was a non-select for the December Board, unfortunately. I am working on destroying my previous OAR score of 49. I am taking the OAR Jan. 6 when my recruiter is back from leave.

CellShock

@goldmanharry91 , good plan man. I hope you can boost it some, but damn, does the board really discriminate that hard against one's OAR? I mean even one point below 50? I'm surprised you were not selected because everything in your signature looks attractive. I was non-select in the Dec SNA/SNFO board.

goldmanharry91

@goldmanharry91 , good plan man. I hope you can boost it some, but damn, does the board really discriminate that hard against one's OAR? I mean even one point below 50? I'm surprised you were not selected because everything in your signature looks attractive. I was non-select in the Dec SNA/SNFO board.

I'm not sure what would have caused me to be a non select but I think that it was a combination of a low OAR and other factors like my marijuana waiver.

When I resubmit I'm going to make sure that I didn't miss anything in my packet in terms of experience and leadership.

It was a tough SWO Board so I hope the February one should have a better selection rate.

That's tough man considering the high selection rate of that SNA/NFO Board.

exNavyOffRec

I'm not sure what would have caused me to be a non select but I think that it was a combination of a low OAR and other factors like my marijuana waiver.

When I resubmit I'm going to make sure that I didn't miss anything in my packet in terms of experience and leadership.

It was a tough SWO Board so I hope the February one should have a better selection rate.

That's tough man considering the high selection rate of that SNA/NFO Board.

how many times was MJ waiver for?

goldmanharry91

I mean I'm assuming it was a combination of a low OAR score and that. I'm going back and changing up my packet for the February board. I'll be getting some letters of Rec from two friends who are prior service and of course I'm going to score higher on the OAR. I'll also make sure everything I know that will make a difference in the package is in there.

exNavyOffRec

I mean I'm assuming it was a combination of a low OAR score and that. I'm going back and changing up my packet for the February board. I'll be getting some letters of Rec from two friends who are prior service and of course I'm going to score higher on the OAR. I'll also make sure everything I know that will make a difference in the package is in there.

I have seen people here picked up with OAR's like yours, and you have a good GPA, retaking the OAR will allow you to resubmit prior to 6 months, and that will be 3 years since last use which should help, but it really depends what the view of the current board members is, when they have lower selection rates they can look for anything to push a person to the N pile, if you go to board again and get a N then I think that tells what the boards current views are.

goldmanharry91

I'm hoping it will not come to that. People have been telling me that my use is insignificant and shouldn't have a substantial impact.

I'm hoping the changes I make in my package will reflect that I am a good candidate and that not getting selected the first time wasn't the end of it for me. I don't give up that easily.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
People have been telling me that my use is insignificant and shouldn't have a substantial impact.
Just be careful believing what everyone says because it's all just opinion. We/you never know for sure what steers them in each direction and as mentioned above, the board's makeup can change board to board, along with how many they need to select. If more are needed, then the threshold for what they'll accept gets better. IMHO, a 50 or above will bode well for you. As for the character references, I don't think they even read them for SWO...but again, that's just my opinion. Hard to imagine they do when they hold the entire board in one single workday. I think they scan the OAR, GPA, look for any waivers and glance at the application for anything that pops out...good or bad.

Keep your head up, study hard, and go get it next time.

Reactions: tyw