• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Next rolling SWO board anticipated for around these two months. No word has been put out for an official board or deadline date so stay tuned!

Noah G. Smith

Yea, my recruiter told me February as well. I barely missed the deadline for the December board. I got my package in on October 1st, but I had to get a waiver approved, and it didn't get approved until mid November.

Figured I'd post my stats.
South Carolina State University
B.A. Education
Started Masters in Educational Leadership and Admin
30 y/0
G.P.A 3.1 (3.75 graduate)
Active Duty Navy: 7.5 years
LORs: (2) O-5 prior CO's, O-7 NORAD
Interviews: O-3 (IW), O-4 (SWO), O-6 (SWO)
OAR: 51
Cryptologic Technician Technical (First Class)
Waivers: Age Waiver
Evals: MP (new command), NOB, EP, EP 1 of 8, EP 1 of 77
Awards: 4 NAMs

Does it make any difference if someone was enrolled in their graduate program vs. graduate?
I've seen both. For active duty guys that have been accepted I've seen many who have just started grad school get selected. Hope this helps. Maybe someone with more knowledge can shed more light than myself.
-All the best.

zack13usa

I've seen both. For active duty guys that have been accepted I've seen many who have just started grad school get selected. Hope this helps. Maybe someone with more knowledge can shed more light than myself.
-All the best.
The only thing I'm sure about is that NRD asked for official transcripts for my degrees, they were scanned and submitted all along with my package..
I did although marked the highest level of education on my application and explicitly mentioned it on my motivational statement

SJ-Sil80

I'm still awaiting results from the last SWO board...but with the low select rate, I'll assume I'm checking in for this one. At least its not too far off, I'm still contemplating taking the OAR again, I really don't want to screw up and get lower though.

And a question, I have 2 NAMs but my DD214 I think shows 1, should I submit the actual awards? I also have a certs of appreciation from 3 star general from SOCPAC, and from other countries from some deployments. Can I submit these types of thing in my package?do they help any if so?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm still awaiting results from the last SWO board...but with the low select rate, I'll assume I'm checking in for this one. At least its not too far off, I'm still contemplating taking the OAR again, I really don't want to screw up and get lower though.

And a question, I have 2 NAMs but my DD214 I think shows 1, should I submit the actual awards? I also have a certs of appreciation from 3 star general from SOCPAC, and from other countries from some deployments. Can I submit these types of thing in my package?do they help any if so?

Assuming you didn't get selected retake the OAR exam and if you can get that score a few points higher, you should be okay. Don't worry about the enlisted record and such when it comes to boards... DO worry about it later on in your career to make sure your awards and such add up.

Also, looking at your signature, don't bother wasting your time getting a professional interview when it comes to applying for SWO. The boards biggest focus is your academic info and your OAR score. The only time they might look through everything is if you got NJP'd or there's something adverse in there. Remember, they have maybe 3-5 minutes at the very most to go over your record.