• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

Noah G. Smith

I'm Still waiting for a date and I got picked up in December. I have no idea what is taking so long. If anyone has any ideas let me know. The recruiter says that they are waiting to here back from New Port.
Dang that really sucks. I can't believe you're having to wait so long. Hopefully we all find out in the next couple weeks.

SWOMan

that's rough. I was told that it's been confirmed sitting on someones desk waiting for final signature. Not sure if that's just a line processors use to keep applicants satisfied, or its actually waiting haha.

exNavyOffRec

I'm Still waiting for a date and I got picked up in December. I have no idea what is taking so long. If anyone has any ideas let me know. The recruiter says that they are waiting to here back from New Port.

Newport doesn't control billets, NRC does, NRC sends people to Newport based on when follow on schools can take them (there is some give and take), they don't want people hanging out for months on end after commissioning if they can prevent it. The other part is how many billets for that designator are available that FY, they can have plenty of space at Newport but if the designator quotas are filled there is no reason to send people.

SWOMan

Why are people still going to ocs for pilots when the training pipeline was backed up about 2 months I was last told by processor?

SWOMan

My recruiter has told Me my processor is who I need to work through from here on in. He's getting ready to go to his next assignment. Hoping I get to swear in with him actually since he's worked with me so long.

TravisH

Navy2017
For those of us still waiting to graduate (10 more days), I heard that we have already been assigned our OCS class for this summer. However, the Navy can't release our FINSEL yet until we have our finished transcripts. Any thoughts on this? Hoping I can leave this summer and would prefer to not wait until say Oct/ Nov but hey whenever I can leave is better than not having this opportunity at all.

Philly93

For those of us still waiting to graduate (10 more days), I heard that we have already been assigned our OCS class for this summer. However, the Navy can't release our FINSEL yet until we have our finished transcripts. Any thoughts on this? Hoping I can leave this summer and would prefer to not wait until say Oct/ Nov but hey whenever I can leave is better than not having this opportunity at all.

How did you hear that? I thought background checks vary in length for each person? I graduate next week so I'm curious to know too.

Big-Red

How did you hear that? I thought background checks vary in length for each person? I graduate next week so I'm curious to know too.
To chime in here, what I've heard is that you just need a background check to be in progress, not completed, to attend OCS.

Eatonnn36

Anyone else still waiting on their FINSEL? I'm about to hit 14 weeks since the verbal confirmation and seems as though it isn't coming any time soon.

Noah G. Smith

Anyone else still waiting on their FINSEL? I'm about to hit 14 weeks since the verbal confirmation and seems as though it isn't coming any time soon.
Yea I am still waiting. I found out on the Fed. 27th. Based on some posts in the Final Purgatory thread, a few more FINSEL's were sent out late last week to people from the December and Feb board. As always, I am crossing my fingers in hopes of hearing something on Friday.

Big-Red

Sending out my transcript with degree conferred on it the 15th, haven't heard anything either other than my recruiter saying late August is likely.