• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

My stats are:

ASTB 57/6/6/6
Private Pilots License with 100 hours
3.9 GPA BS in Tech Mgmt from Embry-Riddle, graduated Feb 2014.
Active Duty SSgt in the USAF
2 time Airman of the Year for the base
1 Achievement Medal
Top Graduate for Airman Leadership School
LORs: 1 current O-6, Current Squadron Commander, and a current Brig General

HOWEVER, I have a DUI from five years ago that forced me out of the Air Force Academy (I was a cadet at the time). So it just looks like it's too much to overcome. I'm not bitter or whining, the Navy gave me a shot. I just didn't add up to what they needed. Sometimes past sins are just too hard to make up.

But it looks like we got another high selection rate, so I'm thinking a lot of you guys are going to be in choker whites. Congrats!

re-take the ASTB, I have seen people with alcohol incidents get picked up but they had high ASTB's, the higher the ASTB the more forgiving they can be.

Noah G. Smith

So I just heard from my OR. My package didn't make it to the board for some reason - he called it "human error." Apparently a few other packages got the same treatment. Hoping it's no one here. Second round I've missed now. Guess I'm checking in for May...

Good luck to everyone who got selected, pulling for speedy finsels for you all!
Damn dude I'm sorry. For some reason I feel like that's what happened to me, but I haven't heard from my recruiter yet. He isn't very good at communicating and when I try and reach out to him he seems very annoyed and uninterested. Let's just hope he at least got my package where it needed to go.

Cals3390

@NavyOffRec

Sir, a question for you. I have a 3 on my DD Form 785 (only consider if needs of service outweigh reasons for leaving officer training); have you seen a high ASTB outweigh that 3 recommendation? I ask because that is what I am thinking is what really sunk my chances....pun intended.

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec

Sir, a question for you. I have a 3 on my DD Form 785 (only consider if needs of service outweigh reasons for leaving officer training); have you seen a high ASTB outweigh that 3 recommendation? I ask because that is what I am thinking is what really sunk my chances....pun intended.

If it was any other designator I would say you are probably done, but again, aviation is different, study, retest, reapply

exNavyOffRec

So I just heard from my OR. My package didn't make it to the board for some reason - he called it "human error." Apparently a few other packages got the same treatment. Hoping it's no one here. Second round I've missed now. Guess I'm checking in for May...

Good luck to everyone who got selected, pulling for speedy finsels for you all!

When was it submitted, if it was given to the processor right before the deadline they still have to route it and the processor has several things to review. If it was submitted way before the deadline the fault probably lies with your recruiter or someone else at the NRD.

exNavyOffRec

@RUFiO181 @NavyOffRec I have not been able to get in contact with my recruiter and to my knowledge, they didn't know of the board as of two days ago but assured me that my file was submitted and ready to be reviewed. Is it acceptable if I call NRD Atlanta?

I would call the office he works out of and see if they know if he is on leave or something, he also could be in meetings, or if you were given your processors contact info try them.

shoff

When was it submitted, if it was given to the processor right before the deadline they still have to route it and the processor has several things to review. If it was submitted way before the deadline the fault probably lies with your recruiter or someone else at the NRD.

It was submitted November 1, 2015. Had an unrelated (I think) issue that unexpectedly held me out of the December aviation and SWO boards. CIRIMS had my package at the board, but it apparently never actually made it there. The problem was not unique to me or my recruiter either.