• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-Mar 2016 Rolling Pilot/NFO Board

Igloojam

pilot
Hey, just wondering how was the application process for you guys? Looking into the SNA program myself.

bruh... I dont wanna be a dick and say use the search function because quite frankly it sucks.... but this thread is for people who are already at board..

Did you look at the other threads in the Navy OCS page? You have specific questions you got? Difference between navy and marines is no pft for navy, other than that... You apply and wait. You talk to a recruiter?

JjayL5045

bruh... I dont wanna be a dick and say use the search function because quite frankly it sucks.... but this thread is for people who are already at board..

Did you look at the other threads in the Navy OCS page? You have specific questions you got? Difference between navy and marines is no pft for navy, other than that... You apply and wait. You talk to a recruiter?

I tried talking to a recruiter but kept getting bounced around. Had to go to an enlisting station to give my info in to a recruiting chief and still waiting for a call back from a officer recruiter.

Igloojam

pilot
I tried talking to a recruiter but kept getting bounced around. Had to go to an enlisting station to give my info in to a recruiting chief and still waiting for a call back from a officer recruiter.

Weird... Its as simple as applying really. You'll need all the stuff you did for marine application except you don't take a pft. Once you have everything the recruiter needs (he'll give you a sheet), they send it to a processor, they review it, and then up it goes to NRC in Tennessee.

You get selected, then you get final selected, then you go to OCS...

SWOMan

you didn't use the code word. try saying this next time over the phone : ASTB 77 998.... you will have a call back

shoff

Out of curiosity, how have you taken the ASTB without having spoken with a recruiter or getting a rundown of the application process?

SWOMan

You guys are too nice. I took it 3 times so....take that for what its worth ha!
what were the other 2 scores like brook? i' guessing you took them during your time in college, or have you been trying to apply for over 2 years now?

JjayL5045

If you were a poolee, why didn't you get selected?

I DOR-03 which means cause family problems were happening. Some messed up stuff happened right before reporting to OCS. When we got our first liberty period at ocs, I got info that the situation wasn't getting any better. Reported it to my Platoon Commander, DOR'd next day and the CO reviewed it, gave me a DOR-03(family reasons) with the recommendation to reapply.

So right now, back at home dealing with the situation and looking into other programs.

Igloojam

pilot
I DOR-03 which means cause family problems were happening. Some messed up stuff happened right before reporting to OCS. When we got our first liberty period at ocs, I got info that the situation wasn't getting any better. Reported it to my Platoon Commander, DOR'd next day and the CO reviewed it, gave me a DOR-03(family reasons) with the recommendation to reapply.

Was the DOR a page 11, followed by an administrative ESEP?

Why don't you reapply marine corps again?